PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to IDPA - Class at Tri-County Sportsmen’s League (SALINE, MI)

JimSig
04-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Introduction to IDPA
May 22, July 24, Sept. 25 at TCSL
Come try out IDPA at Tri-County Sportsmen’s League!
“Introduction to IDPA” will be open to all people who can legally own a handgun, and give you a chance to learn IDPA rules, as well as practice using your self-defense handguns and holsters. New CPL holders are especially encouraged to attend.
Where:
TCSL, 8640 Moon Rood, Saline, MI 48176

When:

* Saturday, May 22, 1:00pm – 6:00pm.
* Saturday, July 24, 1:00pm – 6:00pm.
* Saturday, Sept 25, 1:00pm – 6:00pm.

Cost: $35 ($25 for TCSL members)

Register on-line at: http://www.tcsl-idpa.org/new/

What to Expect:
IDPA is a shooting sport that uses practical equipment (including full charge service ammunition) to solve simulated “real world” self-defense scenarios
Shooters will be introduced to IDPA rules and techniques, as well have the chance to practice defensive shooting skills in simulated “self defense” scenarios. We will practice the following skills in a simulated match:
• Drawing from “concealment”
• Shooting while moving
• Using appropriate cover while engaging targets
• Shooting from kneeling or prone positions
• Shooting at “moving” targets
• Emergency (slide lock) reloads
• Tactical reloads

What Equipment do I need?
• Service type pistol or revolver of 9mm/.38 special or lager caliber. If your handgun is
suitable for self-defense use, it will probably be competitive for IDPA matches.
• Practical concealed carry type holsters are stipulated for IDPA use. A common service pistol or revolver such as a Beretta 92F, Glock 17/22, Sig 226, Colt 1911A1, S&W 686 or
Ruger GP-100 carried in a common pancake style holster is all that is needed to be competitive in IDPA matches.
• You should also bring two extra magazines (or speed loaders) and two magazine holders for your belt.
• Concealment Garment
• At least 150 rounds of ammunition
Need more info?
• Contact Mike Barrera – IDPA Match Director (michael_barrera@hotmail.com) or call 313-399-4080

JimSig
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
** bump **

Arbor_Shooter
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
For those of you who have been wanting to get into the shooting sports, but don't know where to start, or if you have the right equipment, or if you will embarrass yourself, this is absolutely the best way to start. The guys at TCSL are great and put a lot of time in trying to help expose new shooters to the sport.

IDPA is a lot of fun and a great way to practice your pistol handling skills.

Ricebrnr
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
+1. Took the class 2 summers ago and it was very fun, informative and safe.

Tried it once there the year before with my friends. Mike and the guys took us aside answered our questions and it was literally a blast.

Trying to talk my friends into going with me again.

Try it, you'll like it!

JimSig
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Saturday Bump

yorker
05-04-2010, 08:37 AM
bump for great sport, sad to say they just stopped it at ccrc

ColonelKurtz
05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I plan on attending, been wanting to do some competitive shooting but have no idea where to start. You have to sign up for this class ahead of time?

JimSig
05-05-2010, 07:40 PM
CK, hurry up, there are only few spots left for the class.. Follow the posted link and register.

ColonelKurtz
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
CK, hurry up, there are only few spots left for the class.. Follow the posted link and register.

I'm an idiot, I didn't even see the link. :scatter:

I have another question (PM sent).

rayban
05-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I took this class today and it was a great time. Very informative and the instructors were very friendly and patient. They made the experience a lot of fun, and we all learned a lot along the way.
I'm looking forward to my first real match...and I'm sure glad I did this Intro event before hand.

GreaseMonkeySRT
06-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Subscribed. I may have to check this out.