PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Deputy Bags Buck

Wesley w/Glock
11-21-2003, 08:46 AM
I heard a rumor that Deputy bagged him a buck yesterday weighing almost 200 pounds and having too many points to count (they don't make numbers that go that high).
:crosshai:

G22
11-21-2003, 09:50 AM
If its true, way to go Deputy 8)

Last night I helped my buddy finish processing his deer.
My reward was backstraps & tenderloins wraped in bacon with a garlic cloves inserted randomly. OMG was it good.

Again congrats Dep,
Please post pics.

Fiddler
11-21-2003, 10:02 AM
I heard a rumor that Deputy bagged him a buck yesterday weighing almost 200 pounds and having too many points to count (they don't make numbers that go that high).
:crosshai:

I heard he got it at 160 yards! Way to go, Dep!

Wesley w/Glock
11-21-2003, 10:39 AM
The rumor I heard was that he was hunting around Renegade's area but some stray dogs started chasing geese or something like that making hunting dismal. So he went to SavedBydBelle's place where she was already up in her blind hunting. He joined her and they sat out the day observing nothing... until... the very end when they were getting ready to pack it up for the day. Steve saw the buck in the distance and Sandie took a shot missing. It took off running. Steve then shot and it stopped in its tracks at which point he took his kill shot dropping it suddenly and decisively. No tracking necessary. The rumored distance: 179 yards.

Kimber45
11-21-2003, 11:03 AM
I heard that he did it with his J-frame! :pistols:

Wesley w/Glock
11-21-2003, 11:13 AM
No. What I heard was that he used Sandie's North American Arms .22 five shot revolver.

goldwing2000
11-21-2003, 11:33 AM
I could have sworn it was either a blowgun or a slingshot.

taurus92
11-21-2003, 11:42 AM
naaa he threw his knife at it and dropped it

G22
11-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Are you sure it wasnt a menaceing glance that did it!!!? :twisted:

RSF
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
OK Ok yes i did nail a big body 7 pointer it weight out dressed at 170 pound area, and the shot was close to 165 yds with a benelli slug gun and lightfields slugs and yeap dead on it s feet dropped in its tracks! I FEEL BAD FOR KILLING SANDIES BUCK :(

RSF
11-21-2003, 12:14 PM
I will rerange the distance to tonigh to be exact

Ken P
11-21-2003, 07:51 PM
and he didn't even have to do any neck steppin

RSF
11-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Ok re ranged the shot tonight from spot buck was standing to blind yeap 178yds

savedbydbelle
11-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Don't feel bad Deputy, it was tooooo far for me anyway! I liked seeing it go down....glad you got it while I was there!!! All that blind building over the summer payed off. You forgot to tell them that it was Ssssooooo big that we had to have my dog drag it from the field!!!!!

RSF
11-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Your dog is why you kept falling down during the drag! :lol: he kept getting under foot

Wesley w/Glock
11-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Don't feel bad Deputy, it was tooooo far for me anyway! I liked seeing it go down....glad you got it while I was there!!! All that blind building over the summer payed off. You forgot to tell them that it was Ssssooooo big that we had to have my dog drag it from the field!!!!!
SavedBydBelle's words bear too much truth. Here is the photo to back them up. Here is a hotdog dog in ACTION!

http://www.provide.net/~wcardone/downloads/pauline.jpg

savedbydbelle
11-22-2003, 06:29 AM
Yea...It's too bad she brought it out in pieces! :lol:

gjgalligan
11-22-2003, 10:28 PM
178 yards with a shotgun????

I put that in the same class as the tooth fairy.

RSF
11-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Well maybe for a rookie like you it is the tooth fairy i shot about 200 plus slugs
this year at various distances and hacve drop charts for them do you! last year at the nra convention the winchester group was shooting at 400yds with there 1900fps slugs i have a very good glass on the benelli i shoot swarovski to be in fact and had a stable rest and a witness i know my gun drops at 200yds to be exact to be 31 inches from my current zero i also know that this summer that i may be writng an article for a hunting magazine about long range slug shooting ! how about you! i know money wear your mouth is this summer! any 2 guns of your choice out my safe! say against yours what if i told you i also have muzzleloader cable of 400yds moa accuracy please bet me hot shot! oh wait is that santa i hear comming! boy do i love amatures and i guess my witness who was with me when i did it at that range it is a tooth fairy beliver too!

goldwing2000
11-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Lighten up, psycho.

Freetime
11-23-2003, 11:12 PM

No real reason to get that upset with this statement, if you did you did! There are a lot of us 'Rookies' or 'Amatures' around by the way. Nice shooting!! :D

Wesley w/Glock
11-24-2003, 08:42 AM

There was a witness to this shoot. Sandie took the first shot and missed. Then Deputy took his kill shot.

RSF
11-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Sorry guy's i spend alot of time on the range with my slug guns every year and ill be the first to say boy do i miss some of the easy shots i should have made! i just hate being questioned by somebody who doesnt know what kind of effort i but into this stuff! but boy do i miss the easy stuff! hey kane its francis! lighten up francis

Kurgan
11-24-2003, 10:07 AM
So...

Venison stew will be ready when?? :P

goldwing2000
11-24-2003, 10:40 AM
hey kane its francis! lighten up francis

I knew that but I didn't think you'd get it if I called you Francis. :wink:

Try not to get too upset about things. The rest of the thread was all about fun and games, so I'm sure the tooth fairy comment was in the same vein.

Damn impressive shot, btw. Congrats!

sprink
11-24-2003, 04:51 PM
The new sabot slugs really do fly.

Until a couple of years ago, the longest shot I had taken at a deer was 40 yards. (That was a bow kill.)

Even after I got my "slug gun" with scope and sabot slugs, deer always seemed to want to be shot at twenty yards or so.

Two years ago however, a doe stood nice and still in the middle of a bean field and let me get a nice prone shot off my bag. Sure looked like a long shot to me, but she fell right on the spot. Held just at top of sholder. 100 yard walk confirmed by broken back at top of sholder.

Past 100 you better be really good at range estimation! 31 inches of drop is a couple of deer widths.

Sigster
11-24-2003, 04:56 PM
OK Ok yes i did nail a big body 7 pointer it weight out dressed at 170 pound area, and the shot was close to 165 yds with a benelli slug gun and lightfields slugs and yeap dead on it s feet dropped in its tracks! I FEEL BAD FOR KILLING SANDIES BUCK :(

Only seven points?? Where I hunt we have an "eight-or-better" rule.

Which explains why I have only popped two does.....

RSF
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
ihave that rule on my other farm i hunt! on sandies every thing is fair game right now

Ken P
11-24-2003, 05:52 PM

Only seven points?? Where I hunt we have an "eight-or-better" rule.

Which explains why I have only popped two does.....

neighbor dude got a 10pt, dressed out at 197lbs, 159 yds., western u.p.

Kouger
11-24-2003, 08:45 PM
We have a rule too....if its big enough to put meat in the freezer.its big enough to shoot

Ken P
11-24-2003, 09:21 PM
We have a rule too....if its big enough to put meat in the freezer.its big enough to shoot

LOL..works for me!

taurus92
11-25-2003, 04:48 AM

Yeah until all your neighbours do that and you have no deer left to shoot...

Sigster
11-25-2003, 07:55 AM

That's why I shoot does. Leave the spikes alone.

enfield
11-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah until all your neighbours do that and you have no deer left to shoot...

From all the deer I've seen along side the road this fall (alive and dead), I'd say we're in danger of being outnumbered by the deer. :D

Sigman
12-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Well maybe for a rookie like you it is the tooth fairy i shot about 200 plus slugs
this year at various distances and hacve drop charts for them do you! last year at the nra convention the winchester group was shooting at 400yds with there 1900fps slugs i have a very good glass on the benelli i shoot swarovski to be in fact and had a stable rest and a witness i know my gun drops at 200yds to be exact to be 31 inches from my current zero i also know that this summer that i may be writng an article for a hunting magazine about long range slug shooting ! how about you! i know money wear your mouth is this summer! any 2 guns of your choice out my safe! say against yours what if i told you i also have muzzleloader cable of 400yds moa accuracy please bet me hot shot! oh wait is that santa i hear comming! boy do i love amatures and i guess my witness who was with me when i did it at that range it is a tooth fairy beliver too! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME A spell checker should be the next thing you get. Capital letters anyone? :roll:

enfield
12-24-2003, 03:20 PM
NOOOO! Don't suggest capital letters, THAT'S THE WAY HE STARTED OUT! :lol:

Sigman
12-24-2003, 04:31 PM
I almost forgot about that your right! Never mind :lol: