PDA

View Full Version : How did you do?

Jerry
12-17-2003, 09:57 PM
So....how many of you got out muzzleloading?

I was supposed to get to go but my hunting buddy had something come and we couldnt go.......

:(

JR

taurus92
12-17-2003, 10:18 PM
I did very well :)

http://home.comcast.net/~taurus92/143.jpg

savedbydbelle
12-18-2003, 04:31 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jerry
12-18-2003, 05:17 AM
Way to go Mark !!!!

:rofl:

JR

Autumnlovr
12-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Backstrap for the holidays at Mark's house! Party on!
Actually, we took a 3-day weekend and neither my husband nor I saw a deer all weekend. The morning after the snow, we did see bunches of coyote tracks (and some were HUGE) all around our property. I guess we'll have to get the screamin' rabbit calls out.........

taurus92
12-18-2003, 07:00 AM

Maybe backstraps but I doubt any presents now... If you want a little help getting rid of those doggies let me know.

Jerry
12-18-2003, 03:28 PM

Maybe backstraps but I doubt any presents now... If you want a little help getting rid of those doggies let me know.

Hey!!! I wanna help shoot wild doggies too!!! :shock:

The doggies make great muzzle loading targets....I missed one last year by a few hairs....I know cause I got a handfull of hair that I cut off the front of a coyote with a cva encore with a Hornady sabot with a 240 gr xtp bullet....I dont feel too bad tho...it was a 100+ yard shot and through alot of short ferns and brush.... when I looked for blood all I could find was a three foot long patch of hair on the ground (no Blood) so I gathered it up and put the hair in one of those indian good luck pouch that goes around the neck. Just for Luck!!!

I guess the coyote must have stepped backed a foot or so when I shot cause I was not aiming for the neck area!!! :D

JR

p.s. enjoy those backstraps!!!!

JR

Bob S
12-21-2003, 04:51 PM
The deer are finally moving again. I hunted 2 full days and 2 half days and had not seen a deer on my property. Went up for one last hunt this morning. Tracks were everywhere. It`s hard to believe it is the same property that a week ago had only three sets of tracks all weekend through the place.

Sat in the stand where I shot my 6 point during rifle season. About 9:10 this morning 4 does/fawns came in from the neighboring property to the south. I wasn`t worried about size. I was going to take a shot at the first deer that wasn`t a button buck that stepped into an open spot. I was lucky and the first deer to walk into an opening was a decent size doe. She field dressed at 100lbs. This is my first year muzzleloader hunting.