PDA

View Full Version : hunter safety

19194us
05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
does anybody know how odl you have to be to take the hunter safety class ?

Jonnysea
05-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I do not think there is an age limit. However, it would be best to do it the year of your childs first hunt. That way it is fresh in their heads. I am not sure where in SE MI you are, but, Bass Pro Shops offers the class for free and they do a bang up job. I took my son there and felt very confident in their abilities. Call and ask for the gun range and they can set you up.

Garbo
05-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Basiclt they have to be capeable of understanding the info and passing the test. I think I remember hearing 9 years old but that could be off. There are some instructors out here that can verify.

19194us
05-08-2010, 08:47 AM
got it........
due to the type of work that i am in i have had no time in the past to get my son to a safety class. i had to make time this year because his time hunting with me under the apprentice program is over. I started a class last night. i wanted to take my daughter to she is 9. you know 2 birds one stone. there was no problem they never even asked her age. i decided to take the class to. very nice people running the class i would send anyone there.

_DK_
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I would like for my daughter to take hunters safety soon, I have not looked into it yet.

Made_in_Michigan
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
got it........
due to the type of work that i am in i have had no time in the past to get my son to a safety class. i had to make time this year because his time hunting with me under the apprentice program is over. I started a class last night. i wanted to take my daughter to she is 9. you know 2 birds one stone. there was no problem they never even asked her age. i decided to take the class to. very nice people running the class i would send anyone there.

Feel free to recommend whomever you went through, I'm sure more than just me would be interested in some word of mouth recommendations.

ro2
05-12-2010, 08:27 PM
we are not allowed to discriminate based on age. I have seen a few 7 & 8 year olds. The biggest thing is being able to keep focused for that amount of time. most of the instructors out there are great and can work with individuals to get them to understand the criteria, and pass the test.

ninjatoth
05-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I am 30 and just took hunter's safety last october.I do not recall an age limit,but I do recall them saying that all children under 10 MUST come with an adult.