PDA

View Full Version : Well where are all of you?

RSF
01-18-2004, 06:09 AM
with the amount of certified instructors on this board there should be a big list of classes or on going things to teach! such as renwals or ccw classes i know some of co-workers and friends all dont have permits, how about a new shooters being taught just a basic intro to handgun saftey? something a year ago there were so many wanting to teach etc... but i still see nothing yet come you guys have to some ideas of your own get posting and teaching!

G22
01-19-2004, 07:11 AM
how about a new shooters being taught just a basic intro to handgun saftey?

I would like to see one of these for the GF, she has stated that she wants to at least learn the basics. Then I can get me...umm...her a new smaller caliber pistol because I think my .40's would be too much for her. :wink:

RSF
01-19-2004, 09:33 AM
kevin if nobody takes it ill do it for free you cover ammo and range time! let me know

G22
01-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks Steve, you da man!!!!! :D
I'll let you know, we'll work something out.

bluethunder
01-20-2004, 09:51 AM
So Steve,you talking about a "Basic Pistol" type course? I'm just waiting for the 'paperwork' to go thru, then I'll be ready to start teaching. Small classes for personal instruction. Start small and work my way up.

BA
01-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Kent, we need to talk. Shoot me a PM and or email. See if we can get something going??

Brian

bluethunder
01-20-2004, 01:58 PM
You got mail, hopefully the address I had was still good.

Gary Morris
01-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Steve,

Your post about minatory classes for renewals may have turned some folks away from wanting to interact with you about teaching classes.

Gary

RSF
01-21-2004, 12:22 AM
actually gary no it hasnt so dream on! and my post if you recall as i said was jsut to stir it up bit jeesh no never learn do you and now as we are comming to see a lot of counties are actually asking for certs from instructors so sleep well gary iam still teaching and your still dreaming

RSF
01-21-2004, 12:59 AM
yeah!

Gary Morris
01-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Steve,

Once you found out folks didn't agree with you that is when you said just messing with you guys. You were and are as serious as a heart attack. Steve just because you are a cop and an instructor you really think you're better than the rest of us. Sure you got a CPL but, you didn't have to and you don't have to abide by the restrictions either. That is fine and the way it should be. I realize you risk your life each day and I appreciate that. I just get disturbed when you talk for one of us you are not one of us no matter how much effort you put into it.

Not that it matters but, I have my 5 year license because I had already had a CPL when the new law came out in 2001. I also have already been re certified in Hillsdale County and I did it because I felt I wanted to just to keep up on any new regs coming down the pipe. Difference is I did it because I wanted to not because I was mandated to.

Gary

bluethunder
01-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Steve's a big boy and I'm sure he will respond. But in the meantime, I feel I need to add my 2 cents.
First of all, unless you're a mind reader, you have no idea if he was joking or not about the training.To me, it doesn't matter,because it's his opinion.Just like yours and (now) mine.
Secondly, I don't think he thinks he's better than us, he's just better trained. I know this from spending many hours with him at the range. How much time have you spent shooting with him?
Third,unless I'm wrong, if you have a CPL, you HAVE to abide by the rules.
Work is work, and free time is free time.Depending on the Dept. you may have to carry off duty, or sometimes you cannot carry off duty. It's up to the individual Dept.
Fourth,for the very reason you mentioned," Sure you got a CPL...." Steve IS one of us. He has the same goals, Pro 2a issues.
And lastly, even though you don't agree with the 'mandatory training' thing, I'm glad to hear that you continue to train. That's the only way to stay sharp.

AimHigh
01-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Steve,
Although I have never met you, but, just reading your posts, I do not agree with the idea that somehow you feel you "are better than us". I haven't seen that mentality at all in your posts. As a matter of fact, I believe you are a tremendous asset to this organization with your knowledge and experience.

Keep up the good work and it's a pleasure to be connected with you via this website. My wife and I will be looking forward to getting some training from you in the future. God bless.

Brian
01-21-2004, 11:19 AM
I agree with Deputy wether he was kidding or not, retraining should be mandatory. I think too many CPL holders will not practice enough on their own. They'll just sit on their permits until renewal time comes up and then run through the motions for the new one. I hope I'm wrong but we all know human nature. I know I don't practice as often as I should.

RSF
01-21-2004, 11:45 AM
gary if it means being like you i dont want to be one of you gary i posted what i posted to stir up on conversation on the boards period and it worked, i saw post from folks that havent posted in a long time, and you know what gary like everything else you whine, do i favor more control no belive me iam the last person who wants it and gary i am one of you an us or whatever you say, because tomorrow i could lose or quite my job. my job makes no bearing on how i feel. or what i belive in i belive in the importance of training period so go a head flame away but i belive it is up to each of us to get as much training as possible we owe it to ourselves and the ones we love period and belive me gary it isnt about the money for as much info that is passed in my class and the skill taught i could for more money, but dont after my cost etc.. gary i make very little. so shoot away gary enjoy

Gary Morris
01-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Steve

I agree to disagree with whether you were just stirring the pot. I sure hope so because we have way to many folks in this state that would like to see CCW fail. I have nothing against a person getting all the training possible for my safety as well as theirs.

I did mis state myself you very well may wish to be just one of the gang but, the dynamics of your job and the rules you must abide by makes that very hard.

I think mainly we are just mis understanding each others reasoning. I shoot a lot probably more than the average guy on the board. That doesn't make me a great shot it just makes me aware of the weapons potential. You got called everything but a liar when you said you shot your deer at 185 yds.?? (not sure if that was it) I never mentioned anything about it because I know it can be done. Not by the average shot gunner but, by someone who has taken the time and made the effort to understand the dynamics of the shot.

I never intended to flame you I was just stating things as seen through my eyes.

Gary

sprink
01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Glad we are all friends again.

I hope some other instructors step up, I've taught Deputy all I can! :lol:

RSF
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
greg , you killme yes i have learned so much from you like how to bleed all over a shotgun! lolololololololololol :lol:

sprink
01-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Made you laugh!

Thanks for the classes and all you do here, and not here.

A little blood didn't stop my shooting did it?

I wiped the blood off. Wanna buy it? :twisted:

RSF
01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
yeap and if you could give me a refresher class in spanking the glock when it bad again i forgot how that went/ oh yes thats right bad glock bad

sprink
01-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Freudian slip?

spanking the glock when it bad again i forgot how that went/ oh yes thats right bad glock bad

Keep the Glock spanking to yourself! :lol:

Rob
01-21-2004, 10:05 PM
I remember that, I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Bad Glock, BAD!

G22
01-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Bad Glock, BAD!

I have scolded many an inanimate object in my time, like my computer an a daily basis, but it never seems to help. Just wondering if your Glock behaved better afterwords. :P

I have never scolded mine!! :D

sprink
01-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, after Tap Rack Bang,

try Curse, Slap, Curse, Spank, Rack Bang. :lol: