PDA

View Full Version : Refugee

t/c mark
01-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey folks, I am one of many refugees you will be getting over the next week. This is how I waste time when I should be doing home work. Although I am not as opinionated as some I found I prefer some guns over others. Not to start any trouble, I like:
Handguns:
I have 3 Smith&Wessons (22A, 686, 625) and I don't think I will buy anything other than another Smith. I have had rugers I liked, but the Smiths shoot so well.
Rifles:
Preference for .22s, centerfire and rimfire. I have owned many different ones, but I am favoring bolt actions over all others, regardless of caliber.
My serious hunting rifle is a T/C encore in 22-250 and 7mm-08. I dislike recoil :(
Muzzleloaders: Flintlocks. From .36 cal to .62 cal. I have a taste for curly maple, so I am forced to build my own (for bugetary reasons), even though I have no talent for doing so.
Shotguns. Not much experience here, but I have been seen with a pump, auto, and double barrel. Just have one now, with all my other guns, some thing has to give.
Mark

Ken P
01-27-2004, 10:57 PM
welcome t/c

and for the record we like trouble! ....LOL

But seriously, we're pretty liberal around here as far as discussion goes...pretty much the only thing we discourage and would lock is topics getting into religion, race, and abortion. anything else is pretty much fair game as long as it doesn't get into :piss: on someone's shoes.

Poke around, you;ll find an area called the ammo dump at the bottom.

that's where we park jokes and humor, and any flame wars or threads that start to degrade seriously.

I think I can speak for all the mod's....it's the easiest gig I've ever had, at least since I got out of short pants.

Enjoy...and we'll all enjoy your participation.

Fiddler
01-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the boards, Mark. It doesn't matter what you shoot, it will probably spark some discussion either way. That's half the fun. :wink: Enjoy!

bluethunder
01-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Howdy and welcome. So you make your own muzzle-loader stocks?

M1911A1
01-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Wlecome to the boards. Refugee or not, any gun guy (or gal) is welcome here!

gruvinbass
01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the boards. Glad you're here.

Divermaster
01-28-2004, 11:45 PM
Welcome Mark

taurus92
01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Enjoy the boards and company here. You will quickly learn that the propaganda from the other place is unfounded. Our concern here is protecting our god given rights to self defense and the right to bear arms. Thats it end of story.

Just try and keep it civil or if needed take the rant and conflict to the ammo dump have your say and move on. We are all mature enough to take the heat when it is deserved, acknowledge it and then move on and work together to further our rights.

Dave D
01-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Greetings fellow newbie ! Looks ok over here thus far.

John Henry
01-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome .... !
There's always room for one more gun owner.

Jerry
01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!

Autumnlovr
01-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the pirate ship matey!