RSF
05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/nolanmia/ACTSCRCVFlyer.jpg

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
love the logo...and its gunna rock

mechredd
05-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm nowhere near the skill level required to compete, but I would like to watch.

Will-IB-Ready
05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I can't wait! It's going to be a blast...
I think I'm going to bring a tent instead of doing the hotel thing.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm nowhere near the skill level required to compete, but I would like to watch.

same here...and i heard possibly that raven will be there makign holsters?

I would compete but i don't own a carbine..

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:44 PM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on man dont be telling people that! now theres going to be a wait time there too!

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:44 PM

if you want to buy the ammo, you can run my LMT or my 5.45.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
if you want to buy the ammo, you can run my LMT or my 5.45.

hmm how much is needed?

mechredd
05-17-2010, 04:49 PM

I own 3 carbines, an AR, AK, and M1. I wouldn't mind loaning 2 of them out for side matches, if they'll allow it.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
dunno havnt asked the powers that be yet.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:50 PM
What else would i need to compete? I already own a tacticool 1911 with mag pouches and holster.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
dunno havnt asked the powers that be yet.

Hmm well keith i would be glad to take you up on the offer, would i need .223 ammo or 5.56? (i am a carbine retard..unless its an m1 carbine LOL)

maybe i can scronge up the cash and get an ar by then...gander had a s&w with eotech 512 for like 1300$ last time i was there

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:52 PM
What else would i need to compete? I already own a tacticool 1911 with mag pouches and holster.

Something to hold Rifle mags and pistol mags on body. E and E pro. ammo.

If you can make it to the june match do that, that way you see what its like and how its done.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Something to hold Rifle mags and pistol mags on body. E and E pro. ammo.

If you can make it to the june match do that, that way you see what its like and how its done.

I will try june is kinda packed for me though. what is E and E pro?

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Hmm well keith i would be glad to take you up on the offer, would i need .223 ammo or 5.56? (i am a carbine retard..unless its an m1 carbine LOL)

maybe i can scronge up the cash and get an ar by then...gander had a s&w with eotech 512 for like 1300$ last time i was there

LMT is 5.56 or .223.

if you havnt ever delt with shooting an AR you might want to think about getting with an instructor and learning some basic stuff... even if its just one on one.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I will try june is kinda packed for me though. what is E and E pro?

eye and ear protection

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
LMT is 5.56 or .223.

if you havnt ever delt with shooting an AR you might want to think about getting with an instructor and learning some basic stuff... even if its just one on one.

I have shot a friends RRA quite a bit but yea i may meet with someone and see what i can learn in the next month or two i may even buy one lol

Thanks for the help and info

mini4m3
05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
totally down!

Thomas
05-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Pssstt plenty of people will lend you one. You can use one of mine if you want.

*Update* see someone already offered. Someone always does!

and yes... It's allowed.

Arbor_Shooter
05-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I would strongly recommend making it to the ACTS match in June before shooting this one if you have never participated in this brand of running and gunning before. The matches are usually very challenging and the championship is especially devilish.

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I would strongly recommend making it to the ACTS match in June before shooting this one if you have never participated in this brand of running and gunning before. The matches are usually very challenging and the championship is especially devilish.

Yea i am gonna try...i have been a PPC shooter since i was 16...which means i stayed in my nice comfy box LOL..i just started to get into idpa and other action pistol shooting

Barbara
05-17-2010, 09:00 PM
We absolutely welcome new shooters, but this is not a good place to start. In most cases, when someone is new, they get a lot of breaks their first time or two out, as far are procedural stuff. At CRC, its strictly by the books.

Its hard enough to shoot matches wtih a little experience, I'd really hestitate to do it if you aren't at all familiar with basic defensive/offensive carbine skills.

We've had people be DQ'd their first time out..that would be especially frustrating your first time out, especially if you drove in, bought a shirt, paid for camping and dinner, etc.

I'd recommend either shooting the June match or get some more formal training before now and then..or shoot for another regular monthly match..they're a great time. :)

willowofwisp
05-17-2010, 09:04 PM
maybe i will just come and watch and get a raven holster made for me LOL...if this was all handgun shooting i would be fine..but yea not to familiar with the carbine.

Will-IB-Ready
05-17-2010, 09:05 PM
We absolutely welcome new shooters, but this is not a good place to start. In most cases, when someone is new, they get a lot of breaks their first time or two out, as far are procedural stuff. At CRC, its strictly by the books.

Its hard enough to shoot matches wtih a little experience, I'd really hestitate to do it if you aren't at all familiar with basic defensive/offensive carbine skills.

We've had people be DQ'd their first time out..that would be especially frustrating your first time out, especially if you drove in, bought a shirt, paid for camping and dinner, etc.

I'd recommend either shooting the June match or get some more formal training before now and then..or shoot for another regular monthly match..they're a great time. :)
+1000
Willow it would be a very foolish idea to think you could just borrow a carbine and jump right into the ACTS championship. I would strongly advise against it. I wouldn't recommend ACTS to anyone who hasn't had any formal Carbine training, and who isn't experienced in running and gunning. Come out to watch, maybe, but not to compete.

**Edit - I see you posted while I was typing. Good decision. IDPA is child's play compared to ACTS.

Joeywhat
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
All I have to say is that it's on like Donkey Kong.

I'm in the mood for a free rifle.....

mini4m3
05-17-2010, 09:18 PM
All I have to say is that it's on like Donkey Kong.

I'll be running open irons - this time with out the RSO telling me I'm shooting low :slap:

Hopefully I can do some damage in the service group

Will-IB-Ready
05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Not if the rest of us have anything to say about it...

remingtondude58
05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I'll be running open irons - this time with out the RSO telling me I'm shooting low :slap:

Hopefully I can do some damage in the service group

Same thing happened to me last month. I couldn't imagine running anything else!

Barbara
05-18-2010, 02:42 AM
+1000
Willow it would be a very foolish idea to think you could just borrow a carbine and jump right into the ACTS championship. I would strongly advise against it. I wouldn't recommend ACTS to anyone who hasn't had any formal Carbine training, and who isn't experienced in running and gunning. Come out to watch, maybe, but not to compete.

**Edit - I see you posted while I was typing. Good decision. IDPA is child's play compared to ACTS.

A lot of people do fine without any kind of training and I'd encourage anyone who can shoot safely to come out and try it. But the two day match is a lot harder to jump into.

Come out to a monthly match..people will help you, answer questions, you can feel comfortable walking through a stage instead of running, ROs can take a few extra minutes to explain details, etc. CRC is pretty much run and gun..you're expected to know what you're doing and get it done.

You new guys could come out in June and get your feet wet and then decide if you want to commit.

RECON762WT
05-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I have a few questions about the match. I looked on the ACTS web site and had trouble finding the answers; maybe someone could clear it up for me.

Do you have to shoot in a prior ACTS match or can you just show up for the championship?
What is a ball park round count for this event?
Where is camping available and at what rate?
Are meals going to be available?
Also what are the match fees?
Are there a limited number of shooter slots available?
About how many stages are there going to be?

-Thanks

dirtwheeler90
05-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm again this year :) but this year I'm running a lighter gun. Steve you going to put the jeep in park this year? lol

RSF
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I have a few questions about the match. I looked on the ACTS web site and had trouble finding the answers; maybe someone could clear it up for me.

Do you have to shoot in a prior ACTS match or can you just show up for the championship?
What is a ball park round count for this event?
Where is camping available and at what rate?
Are meals going to be available?
Also what are the match fees?
Are there a limited number of shooter slots available?
About how many stages are there going to be?

-Thanks

You can just show up no need to shoot a prior match but this might be the last year for that rule...

avaerage has been about 200 carbine 200 handgun pending how you shoot
I bring usually about 350 of each in case

camping is like 10 bucks IIRC
60 slots
should be pending how they shake out 5 stages per day so 10 total. possible more max of 12

you must be a acts memeber to shoot so that like 30 bucks and then early signs up I think was 70 or 75 bucks after deadline date it goes up to 100

full details coming soon

Tom Fineis
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Good luck sir.

RSF
05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
both of you will be crying again............

Tom Fineis
05-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Just like last year?

RSF
05-18-2010, 01:28 PM
yes....... didnt i get a gun oh yah i did LOL

Joeywhat
05-18-2010, 02:38 PM
You *******s are going down...at the very least I'll be nipping at your heels.

Almost with I had a rifle to shoot service with...I could probably score a division win that way. But being in open I have to shoot against Fisher...:boxing:

In either event I'll be doing a little practicing here and there :whistle:

postban
05-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Almost with I had a rifle to shoot service with...I could probably score a division win that way. ...
That could be arranged;
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/AR15-A2%20GOVT%20MODEL/th_100_4175.jpg (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/AR15-A2%20GOVT%20MODEL/100_4175.jpg)

Does not get much more "service" than that^

Tom Fineis
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
You may have won a $450 gun but I like my $800 Predator upper just fine... :)

RSF
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
yucky i left it for you i didnt need another ar upper........LOL

Will-IB-Ready
05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
But being in open I have to shoot against Fisher...:boxing:

Why are you in open? I thought you just use an Aimpoint...

I just picked up a TR-24 so now Steve and I are completely equal,
except for the few thousand hours of training and trigger time he has on me...

I think I can take him. :mischeif:

Joeywhat
05-18-2010, 04:37 PM
FSC556 comp = open.

Will-IB-Ready
05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
FSC556 comp = open.
Oh sure. That'll do it. Has that made a big difference for you?

RSF
05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Its ok you guys will have an edge since Im the MD i m not shooting for the table im just shooting,.

RECON762WT
05-18-2010, 04:51 PM
are prizes awarded based on class or just overall time?

How many shooters are expected to be there? Or how many were there last year?

Does the campground allow alcohol?

Joeywhat
05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh sure. That'll do it. Has that made a big difference for you?

Yeah...although I put that on before I had really learned much about shooting, so it's hard to really compare. All I'll say is that my rifle is awesome and out performs me...it seems that up close I can get the dot back on target before I can even pull the trigger again, if I'm real close it just doesn't move off target.

I shot a full auto AK with an FSC comp and the lack of recoil was amazing, you could shoot it one handed reasonably well.

Joeywhat
05-18-2010, 05:00 PM
are prizes awarded based on class or just overall time?

From what I've read division winners get a prize, overall gets a better prize (division I think is M&P 22's, overall 5.56 M&P), then best times after that get first picks at the prize table. So I think everyone wins something, if you get a better time you get a better pick at the table.

Will-IB-Ready
05-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah...although I put that on before I had really learned much about shooting, so it's hard to really compare. All I'll say is that my rifle is awesome and out performs me...it seems that up close I can get the dot back on target before I can even pull the trigger again, if I'm real close it just doesn't move off target.

I shot a full auto AK with an FSC comp and the lack of recoil was amazing, you could shoot it one handed reasonably well.
I was thinking about how you were picking off those 4" coins at the last match. It was really fast. Probably the fastest I saw.

Is that comp the type of thing that just twists on?

Joeywhat
05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah it's standard 1/2x28 threads, it has a peel washer to index it. Not terribly hard to do. I had Doug do mine since it has to be welded (14.5" bbl).

Shooting the coins felt like I was shooting a .22...there's seriously that little recoil.

RECON762WT
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
How many shooters are expected to be there? Or how many were there last year?

Does the campground allow alcohol?

RSF
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
We had 40+ shooters last year capped at 60

some beer is good etc for after shooting while camping at a modearte amounts no will be allowed to shoot in the am if they are under the influence. or hungover

RECON762WT
05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Roger...

Barbara
05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Updated Prize List:

1st Prize, Top Division - S&W AR15
1st Prize, Alternative Divisions - S&W AR-22s (two prizes.)

Tango Down (Furniture sets)
Gun Barn II(1k of 9mm Rem Golden Sabers)
Eotech (XPS Sight)
Lancer mags (Magazines)
Vtac (10 slings)
Greg “Sully” Sullivan (Armorer's Class)
Raven (Gear TBD)
EAG (Training Class)
CSM Gear (5 Single Point Slings)
Schupach (Confirmed several items.)
C Products 5.45x39 Mags (35 Magazines)
Boresight ($200.00 Certificate)
Grayman Knives (2 Knives)
Training Team (CPL Class)
SWAT magazine (One year subscription)
Dave Harrington/Combat Speed Training (Class Certificate)
Monte Stanloski (Targets)
Jericho Defense Services (2 Rifle and 2 Pistol classes.)
LE Targets (Will send - item TBD)
MDFI (Block of training classes for an entire year.)
ATK/Federal (Ammunition package)
KNS (Front Sights, Shirts, Hats, etc.)
Ned Christiansen (MOACKS, General Coolness)

mini4m3
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
We had 40+ shooters last year capped at 60

some beer is good etc for after shooting while camping at a modearte amounts no will be allowed to shoot in the am if they are under the influence. or hungover

Whats the ruling on serpas? I've asked in the past and my buddy ran them in the winter - but what about the championship?

Just curious :whistle:

RSF
05-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Acts has no ruling on serpas....... any holster as long as safe and can retain the handgun i recomend reading the acts rules page.

mini4m3
05-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Acts has no ruling on serpas....... any holster as long as safe and can retain the handgun i recomend reading the acts rules page.

Oh I've read it - just seemed like there was a defacto ban on serpas

RSF
05-19-2010, 06:21 AM
No its just smart people don't use them

Will-IB-Ready
05-19-2010, 06:25 AM
No its just smart people don't use them
Steve calls that a "clue". :wink:

Joeywhat
05-19-2010, 06:25 AM
How late do we usually go each day?

RSF
05-19-2010, 07:40 AM
till its done

remingtondude58
05-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Steve calls that a "clue". :wink:

I had to hear all about these "clue"'s the first time I met Steve. To make a long lesson short, you are supposed to follow them.