PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Oaks mall in Novi

piper
02-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Does anybody know if CCW is prohibited in Twelve Oaks mall in Novi?

Kouger
02-07-2004, 02:01 PM
there has been much debate over malls being posted.If every entrance isnt posted.and posted legally..CARRY........

southlands a good example of what they think is legal and they arent even close. I carry and will do so there.........

Hillman
02-07-2004, 09:56 PM
I carry there every time I go. And each time I look for - but do not see - any signs denying me my right.

I used to know a couple of store managers there. They said the person in charge of security is quite good at keeping 'news' under wraps. A lot happens there that never makes it to the general public.

piper
02-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks to Kouger and Hillman for quick responses.

I am playing bagpipes in a wedding at Twelve Oaks, for cryin' out loud, on Sunday. I wouldn't travel from Traverse City to Novi unless the bride's father was a good friend. I understand this wedding has cost $55,000 to date. God's blessings on the happy couple!

I'll feel safer with a S&W 642 tucked into my sporran....

goldwing2000
02-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Getting married in a shopping mall?? No comment... :roll:

CS40
02-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I am playing bagpipes in a wedding at Twelve Oaks, for cryin' out loud, on Sunday. I wouldn't travel from Traverse City to Novi unless the bride's father was a good friend. I understand this wedding has cost $55,000 to date. God's blessings on the happy couple!

I'll feel safer with a S&W 642 tucked into my sporran....

I've seen that set up for the past few weeks there, it does seem like an odd place to get married, but in an "all expenses paid" contest I suppose the bride and groom couldn't turn it down.

Bagpipes echoing throughout the mall should be interesting... The acoustics in there probably aren't the best.

A 642 in your sporran brings new meaning to the question of what is up a Scot's kilt! :lol:

piper
02-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes, daddy certainly dodged the bullet not paying for daughter #1's wedding... for devout Catholics, this must be a bit of a strain, though....

I've played in acoustically worse places (tiny halls & churches, a restroom in the White House -- don't ask) but also in much better places (big churches, Arlington National Cemetery). I'm taking my loudest Gibson chanter and hardest (loudest) reeds for full echo-effect down the corridors.

Not only will I have the S&W 642 in the sporran, but I'll be wearing the full military #1 dress of the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders (Grandpa's regiment) , including a sgian dubh in the hose-top, Winkinson dirk on the belt, and a Wilkinson broadsword in the baldric.

I wonder if swords are prohibited in Twelve Oaks mall?

goldwing2000
02-10-2004, 09:37 AM
I wonder if swords are prohibited in Twelve Oaks mall?

Something tells me they probably don't have any regulations regardng swords.

piper
02-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Yup -- no posting at Twelve Oaks.

Uniformed mall security appeared young and courteous; "plainclothes" security impressed me as more mature, observant and confident. Mall management was professional.

Nobody commented negatively about the obvious dirk and sgian dubh; I left the broadsword in the car (it interferes too much with playing, anyway).

The wedding was spectacular -- and I've played at hundreds (the caterer and organizer were overstaffed for this "display" wedding).

Acoustics were great! The only ticklish moments were riding the glass elevator in a kilt....