PDA

View Full Version : IDPA May '10 RSC w/videos...

Will-IB-Ready
05-20-2010, 05:56 PM
The group at Rockford Sportsman's Club put on a pretty decent match last night. Good size crowd, 4 stages, very well organized. Everything went smoothly, and fun was had by all...

0X83tx7kevw

_3VBVV4pwII

A1M02f-J_qY

wxjp3zQzCpI

Will-IB-Ready
05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Here are the scores:

http://www.rockfordsportsmansclub.com/Documents/May%2019%20Scores.pdf

It looks like I (C. Jane) missed first place by about half a second out of 22 shooters... Congratulations to Gary Rollenhagen.

JimSig
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Here are the scores:

http://www.rockfordsportsmansclub.com/Documents/May%2019%20Scores.pdf

It looks like I (C. Jane) missed first place by about half a second out of 22 shooters... Congratulations to Gary Rollenhagen.

Congratulations C. I guess you are the shooter in the 2nd video that got the "muzzle" critique, right.. Good shooting man, fast draw and well focused. What are you shooting by the way an M&P9? great grip and recoil control.. fast follow ups.. Have you been doing this for a long time.. I for once don't want to piss you off .. LOL

Will-IB-Ready
05-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Congratulations C. I guess you are the shooter in the 2nd video that got the "muzzle" critique, right.. Good shooting man, fast draw and well focused. What are you shooting by the way an M&P9? great grip and recoil control.. fast follow ups.. Have you been doing this for a long time.. I for once don't want to piss you off .. LOL
:lol:

Thanks Jim. No, I haven't shot nearly as much IDPA as anyone else out there, I just do my best to train hard on my own.
I shoot an OD Glock 19 with a TLR-1 in a Raven Phantom. That whole "Muzzle!" thing is one reason that I'm not going to shoot IDPA regularly. I like to shoot how I train, and I've been trained to reload in my "workspace", right in front of my line of sight. If you watch the regulars, you'll notice that they follow the rules, and completely take their eyes off the threat and reload down around their belt line. I'm just not going to do that. It seems like a good way to develop a dangerous habit.
But hey, it's a game and games are supposed to be fun, right? I have a good time, and the rest of the guys and gals are really nice people. I've just decided to focus on ACTS matches for now. I think it suits me and my goals a little better.

JimSig
05-20-2010, 09:08 PM
As you said, it is a game, it is fun.. I do it too for fun, and the benefit of fast draw, trigger control and follow up shots and recoil control is a bonus skill.. And I agree, some rules are rigid, but they are so because of safety issues in such a "high risk" sport.. I don't mind it. Keep practicing the way you are comfortable with.. Have fun and .. DOn't worry, be happy ..!! :wink:

Edit: by the way Mr. "will-IB-ready", from the way you shoot, I think "you-are ready" ..LOL for what, I don't know.. but looks like you are ready not to be messed with when the SHTF.. Good shooting.

RSF
05-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Good on you chris yes silly rules for sure............

D-Roy
05-21-2010, 07:12 AM
This was my first time out at RSC. I had a good time with a friendly bunch of people.

Thanks to everyone involved with organizing/preparing/S.O.'ing the event.

oltimer2
05-21-2010, 07:43 AM

Thanks Jim. No, I haven't shot nearly as much IDPA as anyone else out there, I just do my best to train hard on my own.
I shoot an OD Glock 19 with a TLR-1 in a Raven Phantom. That whole "Muzzle!" thing is one reason that I'm not going to shoot IDPA regularly. I like to shoot how I train, and I've been trained to reload in my "workspace", right in front of my line of sight. If you watch the regulars, you'll notice that they follow the rules, and completely take their eyes off the threat and reload down around their belt line. I'm just not going to do that. It seems like a good way to develop a dangerous habit.
But hey, it's a game and games are supposed to be fun, right? I have a good time, and the rest of the guys and gals are really nice people. I've just decided to focus on ACTS matches for now. I think it suits me and my goals a little better.
Good shooting C.
I agree, it's the way I train also. Dan

Will-IB-Ready
05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Good shooting C.
I agree, it's the way I train also. Dan
You know, I almost called you on my down, just to see if you wanted to ride along.

oltimer2
05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
You know, I almost called you on my down, just to see if you wanted to ride along.
Thanks for thinking of me. I was at a state level high school crew (think 8people,long skinny boats with oars) regatta, volunteer safety boat driver, all day. My niece is the coach at one of the local high schools. Maybe next time. Dan

Will-IB-Ready
05-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for thinking of me. I was at a state level high school crew (think 8people,long skinny boats with oars) regatta, volunteer safety boat driver, all day. My niece is the coach at one of the local high schools. Maybe next time. Dan
Dang Dan...
That sounds awesome!
Next time, sign me up for that. :thumbup:

agksimon
05-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I've been a regular at these matches the last year and we have a great time.
Age has slowed me down, but I still do OK.

polishnightmare
07-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Chris, I agree that it is best to reload up and in your workspace. However I think the issue was that your muzzle was point skyward and close or past the 180 rule. I shoot IDPA once in a while and I reload with the gun in the workspace and it is possible to do with the gun point down range and not past the 180 rule. If any thing this is better because you keep the gun pointed at the target. Just a thought on how you might accomplish both.

GarrettJ
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
But hey, it's a game and games are supposed to be fun, right?
Careful there - I've heard of hard-core IDPAers go off on less hard-core shooters for comments like that. After all, this is supposed to be realistic training for real-life shootouts that we could (almost) conceivably get ourselves into some day, right?

(and I tend to agree with your assessment. It's a game, and people shoot it because it's fun. If you get better with your carry gun in the process, that's a good thing too.) ;-)

Will-IB-Ready
07-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Chris, I agree that it is best to reload up and in your workspace. However I think the issue was that your muzzle was point skyward and close or past the 180 rule. I shoot IDPA once in a while and I reload with the gun in the workspace and it is possible to do with the gun point down range and not past the 180 rule. If any thing this is better because you keep the gun pointed at the target. Just a thought on how you might accomplish both.
No thanks. I think my emergency reload was nearly perfect in that video. I'm not interested in holding my pistol with a limp wrist and trying to reload at a strange angle that will nearly guarantee that I will have to take my eyes off of the threat. And who cares if my gun is pointed at the threat if there's nothing in it?

Not saying any of this to be harsh or confrontational, I just have never seen any good trainer teach a reload the way you described or that IDPA regulars do them. I don't want to learn bad habits just to play a game, and yes it's a game.