PDA

View Full Version : Went to get my license today.. No dissabled vet discount!

OpenSights
05-23-2010, 06:19 PM
WTH! Last year I got my all species license for $12.50 or so.

Stopped by Gander where I got it last year, not open till 10. Went next door to Wally World, kid tried his hardest, no manager "come back tomorrow". 9:45 go get gas, return to Gander at 10:00. Lady says "you need paper work not just your DAV card, DNR rules." Go to Meijer, had four people trying to figure it out.

Ended up just getting a restricted license. Why is the the whole system so F'ed up here?!

Still had a good day fishin' though.

Buzzcat
05-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Standard fishing license is a flat rate deal. IIRC, you only need to pay extra if you're going after trout and/or salmon.

steve126a
05-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I was standing at the counter when you came in. Our cashier is a very smart girl and knows her stuff. Unfortunately those DNR rules are kinda crappy. The fact that you stopped at 3 different places and EVERYONE had trouble with it just goes to show you what kind of boneheads we have making these over-complex and unnecessary rules.

I know whenever I have to process licenses, there are like 50 different options under fishing ALONE. Add to the fact that the DNR servers are JUNK and either boot us from the system randomly or deny people licenses for no apparent reason. I've come close to destroying the license machine a few times. That's why I usually just leave it to the cashiers.

Sorry we couldn't help you out. Glad you have a good day fishin! Beats working inside all day like me :grin:

OpenSights
05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I was standing at the counter when you came in. Our cashier is a very smart girl and knows her stuff. Unfortunately those DNR rules are kinda crappy. The fact that you stopped at 3 different places and EVERYONE had trouble with it just goes to show you what kind of boneheads we have making these over-complex and unnecessary rules.

I know whenever I have to process licenses, there are like 50 different options under fishing ALONE. Add to the fact that the DNR servers are JUNK and either boot us from the system randomly or deny people licenses for no apparent reason. I've come close to destroying the license machine a few times. That's why I usually just leave it to the cashiers.

Sorry we couldn't help you out. Glad you have a good day fishin! Beats working inside all day like me :grin:

No kiddin, I did see ya off to the right (my right), behind the cashier.

My FIL got his this year just showing his cards, when I got to the lake I asked to see his license and sure enough they just gave him the senior discount.

Turns out the total number was 60. This week I'm on call, and when I'm on call I get calls! So Memorial day will be the next time I hit the water.

Next time I'm in there and you see me say Hi!