PDA

View Full Version : From Australia

RJBurns
03-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi Yanks,
I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced
by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed
by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more
than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up
3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent;
Australia-wide,armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not ! and criminals> >still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in
armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the
past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their
prey isunarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has
decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in
"successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this
on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the
state Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest
citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

G22
03-10-2004, 06:28 AM
This should come as no suprise to the Austrailian government.
All they had to do is open their freekin' eyes to see what has happened in ALL the other places that have banned/confinscated the law abiding citizens firearms.

Why do i feel that they (the Austrailian government) will somehow spin this into a sucess story, :roll: when the blood in the streets is in on their hands. They (the government) have no one else to blame. So sad for such a beautifull country. :shake:

<edited to add>
Do you have a source for this info?

RJBurns
03-10-2004, 05:19 PM
I got it in an e-mail from a friend who knows how I feel about this stuff. It looks like he got it from a friend who got it from a friend etc...

keyjockey
03-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Gun Control isn't about guns....it's about Control. :roll:

taurus92
03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Now we blast the antis for the stats and numbers they make up. We should always state sorces for stats and publish it with the citations. Looks better that way and we should be wary of any pro or con material without citations.

CS40
03-13-2004, 07:06 PM
To top off the great result of Australia's gun ban, they now are going after the epidemic problem of people carrying swords:

Aussies Move To Ban Swords
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,8907485%255E2862,00.html

Roger Roney
03-14-2004, 01:05 AM
RJ,

Any chance of working back thru your friend, and his friend to possibly get a legitimate source for thr numbers?

Roger