PDA

View Full Version : NRA REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM SEMINAR!!!

Fiddler
03-12-2004, 09:37 AM
How does a predator choose his victim? What can you do to decrease your chances of being victimized? What is the level of security in your home? What is the first thing you should do before you get into your car? What should you do to minimize your chances of being victimized while fueling up at the gas station? How about the ATM machine? These and many other issues are discussed in the NRA Refuse to be a Victim Seminar.

Refuse to be a victim is a gun neutral program which was originally developed by the NRA to help women to avoid being victimized by increasing their level of awareness both in and outside the home, as well as introducing them to a variety options for self defense. However, it is now open to both men and women. I highly recommend the seminar for anyone who wants to raise their level of awareness and avoid being victimized as a part of your overall training.

Mary Polkowski of Ultimate Protection Inc. will be offering the NRA Refuse to Be a Victim Seminar and Instructor developmental workshop on May 15 at either Gander Mountain, Utica or Gander Mountain, Waterford. At this time, there are openings for both the seminar and the Instructor Developmental Workshop. Participants may sign up for the 3 hour seminar only for $20 or the seminar and instructor workshop for $115. You do not need to hold any certifications (NRA or otherwise) to become a Refuse to Be a Victim Certified Instructor. Even if you just attend the seminar, $20 for a book and 3 hours of instruction is a bargain!

Click here for more info. http://www.ccwtraining.com/programs.htm

Pass this on to your friends!

bluethunder
03-13-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm interested. When will we know where it's going to be?

Fiddler
03-13-2004, 05:31 PM
That's an excellent question, Kent. I'll see if I can find out. I guess the Waterford location would be great for you, wouldn't it! Are you thinking about doing the instructor workshop?

Fiddler
03-14-2004, 10:49 AM
The class is currently scheduled to take place at Gander Mountain, Waterford but it may be changed to Utica because they can start earlier at the Utica location and that would allow more time for the instructor workshop. You can register by phone by calling 586-286-SAFE(7233) or through the mail. Make checks payable to Purse/Sonal Protection. $20 for the seminar, $115 for the seminar and instructor workshop.

Purse/Sonal Protection
P.O. Box 56, Warren, MI 48090

Include name, address, phone # date of class, (may 15) and an email address to confirm.

Need more info? Feel free to call the above number or follow the link to the website. http://www.ccwtraining.com/programs.htm

Hope to see you there!

savedbydbelle
03-16-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm seriously thinking about taking this. The only concern is that it would require me to take three consecutive weekends off from work due to prior committments. Getting a schedule like that could be tricky....but I'm gonna try!

Fiddler
03-16-2004, 07:55 AM
That's great, Sandie. Hope to see you there!

bluethunder
03-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Signed, sealed and waiting to be 'delivered'. 8) See you kids in class.

Fiddler
03-16-2004, 09:14 AM
That's great, Kent! See you there! Looking forward to it!

bluethunder
03-16-2004, 10:09 AM
That's great, Kent! See you there! Looking forward to it!

Me too. I hope I won't be the only guy there. :roll:

G22
03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
I can't find a date or time for this class on their website.
Anyone know?

bluethunder
03-16-2004, 12:25 PM
It's not on the web site. I spoke with Mary yesterday and she said it wasn't updated yet. But if you call the phone# you can register. Or ask any questions,she was very friendly.

G22
03-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Is anyone taking the instructors course?

bluethunder
03-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Is anyone taking the instructors course?

So far, I believe Fiddler, 1911A1 and myself are. Not sure about any others.