PDA

View Full Version : h & K USP Pistol

chiefal
03-13-2004, 09:26 AM
My Brother in law asked me the other day , what is involved in putting night sights on his 40 cal. and where can he find them. Any help here would be much appreciated

Alton Swinney

goldwing2000
03-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I can't help you with installing them but I can get you a set of Trijicons for about $85.
Retail price is $115.

bluethunder
03-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Brownell's, brownells.com also has a good selection. IS it full-size or compact? There is a little more offered for the full-size,colors, manufacturers,etc. I have both Trijicons and Mepros on mine. They even offer a ghost ring set up for the full-size and not for the compact. As for installing them, just a good vise,with non-marring jaws,usually a carefully placed shop towell works. A good punch and hammer and usually a small file is all it takes. Plus a little patience,I learned this the hard way on my first set :oops: . Feel free to PM me if you need to.

M1911A1
03-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Is the USP like the P7PSP in it's sight construction?
The P7 manual says it is best to send the entire side to Trijicon where they drill the existing sights and put in the "lamps". According to what I read, the standard sights are beefy enough and designed with that in mind.
I am admittedly no H&K expert but I can see where that would have the advantage of getting fresh nights sights and not throwing off the factory aimpoint.

:twocents:

chiefal
03-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the help. I am printing this out and will give it to my brother in law. Sounds like a good price Goldwing, may suggest for him to take it to Hampels for the installation. They are always high on their prices but do have good gunsmiths there. It is a full size and he would like to try some IDPA shooting with it. Cedar Rod and Gun will start up I believe in April. Thanks again.

Alton Swinney

Roz
03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
1911A1,

The reason why they recommend the P7 sights be filled in with tubes is as you put to ensure you don't alter factory aim, but also they found that the replacement sights weren't holding up as well against the P7's blowback recoil. People were losing sights left right and center.