PDA

View Full Version : SE michigan ponds to fish?

CalebL1911
06-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Looking to do some shore fishing tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows of some nice ponds or small lakes to fish from within an hour of Canton.

k9guysarge
06-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Depending on if you want to bring something home to serve for dinner or not. I just took my little one out to a trout farm in Dexter this past week and brought home 2 rainbow trout and 1 4lb catfish. We were there for maybe an hour and it only cost me $25 for everything and that included them being de-boned and filleted...http://www.springvalleytroutfarm.com.

Or if you are in it for the sport of it, I have been told they have been biting on Belleville Lake.

Good luck! :usa:

CalebL1911
06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
in it for the sport mostly, some bass would be nice. is there a place to rent boats on belleville lake?

JimSig
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, I don't know much about fisihing, but my 7 years old son was asking me to fish together (that was last year when he was 6) so I bought him a little rod and we got a fishing license and we hit the pond in Gallup Park in Ann Arbor... He was lucky and we caught 5 little fish that we threw back in the pond. BUt the smile on his face was priceless and he throws much better than I do.

wardog6t
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
There is a pond in taylor, at heritage park. A freind of mine takes his kids there often and says the fish love hot dogs. Might give it a try.

pkuptruck
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Milford has a nice park, with part of the huron going thru it. right in the middle of the city! nice place.

Also, Proud Lake.

Or, Island Lake

Buzzcat
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area is within an hour of Canton. It'll cost you $6 to get in. Plenty of shoreline fishing for 'Gills, Bass and Pike. And they've got a range there as well so you can do a two 'fer.

Ruger
06-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Milford has a nice park, with part of the huron going thru it. right in the middle of the city! nice place.

Also, Proud Lake.

Or, Island Lake

I loved to go to Island lake back in the day when they had a boat rental on the lake and ya really didn't need a motor, rowing across it was no problem back then... used to catch some huge crappies between the island and the beach.

Used to be a great beach to pick up chicks at during the revolution.... One night stands in the camp grounds was as common as chipmunks are to the park. Now to get into the park side off the lake you have to drive through a maze of roads. And as I recall you had a real nice groomed shore side fishing bank.

And from what I hear they're hitting the gills on Newburgh lake.

pkuptruck
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I loved to go to Island lake back in the day when they had a boat rental on the lake and ya really didn't need a motor, rowing across it was no problem back then... used to catch some huge crappies between the island and the beach.

Used to be a great beach to pick up chicks at during the revolution.... One night stands in the camp grounds was as common as chipmunks are to the park. Now to get into the park side off the lake you have to drive through a maze of roads. And as I recall you had a real nice groomed shore side fishing bank.

And from what I hear they're hitting the gills on Newburgh lake.

Lol . Yep. Those of us "old enough to know better"
Knew of island lake.......

cmr
06-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Looking to do some shore fishing tomorrow, just wondering if anyone knows of some nice ponds or small lakes to fish from within an hour of Canton.
Ford Lake and Belleville Lake.
Try the evenings when the water calms down.

007bondjamesbond007
06-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Kensington Metro Park Kent Lake has boat rental and some of the best bass fishing.

MLG
06-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Kensington Metro Park Kent Lake has boat rental and some of the best bass fishing.

I've heard that Kensington is good fishing, especially if you are fishing the old river bed that runs through it, but I have not had any success there whatsovever. Any tips on where to fish? (Besides "the water"? :p )

Max

007bondjamesbond007
06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
I've heard that Kensington is good fishing, especially if you are fishing the old river bed that runs through it, but I have not had any success there whatsovever. Any tips on where to fish? (Besides "the water"? :p )
\Max

Rappla Rattle Crankbait

http://www.extremelures.com/ProductImages/images/jackall_tn70/jackal_tn70_allcolors.jpg

http://www.extremelures.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=131

got a 17" bass with one and a few Northern. Wally World has a book on Michigan Lakes about 4 or 5 diffrent regions. It will show Hot Spots.

g17voodoo
06-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I used to have luck out at Kensington. Not much in the last 5 years or so. Its also a hike from Canton.

I'd try Belleville lake. Or if you can borrow/rent/steal a small boat-try 4 mile Lake in the Dexter area. There's a very primative boat launch, but no real shore fishing access.

Good luck though.