PDA

View Full Version : Got Hogs?

wardog6t
06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Will travel... If anyone knows of or has issue's with hogs hit me up.

pkuptruck
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
check the DNR website, or the michigan-sportsman site.

each has inf.... MS has a lady DNR that gives pretty updated info...

:woohoo1:

Smokepole
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Just don't try to advertise any firearms on that site, or argue with "little stevie", the owner.
...It's his little world, in his little mind.

cmr
06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I've heard MSU has a problem with hogs......ever see the cheerleaders? :hide:

Smokepole
06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
No "hogs" up here!
...But, we do have a lot of "snow cows" everywhere.
:biggrin:

6.5winmag
06-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Just don't try to advertise any firearms on that site, or argue with "little stevie", the owner.
...It's his little world, in his little mind.

lol,you are right on.

PaulB84
06-15-2010, 05:14 PM

dont mean to thread jack but +1000000....been hoping to find some of those little buggers since i first heard they infiltrated the LP. yum....

lotusexige
06-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I've heard MSU has a problem with hogs......ever see the cheerleaders? :hide:

agreed!

Sigman
06-25-2010, 05:14 AM
check the DNR website, or the michigan-sportsman site.

each has inf.... MS has a lady DNR that gives pretty updated info...

:woohoo1:
I post on MS all the time and ya dont mess with steve he is very closed minded. And a sportsmans forum that wont allow gun sales???? WTF?

Smokepole
06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I post on MS all the time and ya dont mess with steve he is very closed minded. And a sportsmans forum that wont allow gun sales???? WTF? ..."Little Stevie" is what I refer to him as.
That reference being more indicative of his mental abilities, rather than potentially his physical stature.
...The one "mistake" he routinely makes is to weigh in on a forum with his opinion on a thread already underway, and then when his opinion is challenged based on a lack of evidence, or a misrepresentation, he gets very indignant, and seeks retribution against that individual through asinine assertions.
...I nailed him on a lot of his shallow comments, and we had several private exchanges before I finally told him what an ass he was.
...Needless to say, I don't go to that site any more nor do I recommend it to anyone.

hitechman
02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
..."Little Stevie" is what I refer to him as.
That reference being more indicative of his mental abilities, rather than potentially his physical stature.
...The one "mistake" he routinely makes is to weigh in on a forum with his opinion on a thread already underway, and then when his opinion is challenged based on a lack of evidence, or a misrepresentation, he gets very indignant, and seeks retribution against that individual through asinine assertions.
...I nailed him on a lot of his shallow comments, and we had several private exchanges before I finally told him what an ass he was.
...Needless to say, I don't go to that site any more nor do I recommend it to anyone.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but.......I post on MS...........find some valuable information............there's more to life than selling a gun................it's his website, and I guess he can do what he wants................live with it or don't use it............I guess that is everyones individual choice. I choose to visit MGO and MS, and lots of others as well.

Steve

hitechman
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh ya, I teach in Ashley (soon to be retired), and kids come in constantly with pig reports in the SW Gratiot and eastern Saginaw County areas. I've heard of 7 shot this past deer season.

I hunt a little in the area and have never seen a pig, but have seen areas they have torn up. They are around.

Steve

aquatic-archer
02-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Would be very interested in areas that have damage. Have a lot of hog hunting experience hunting wild hogs all over the country and yet to kill or even see one out side a fence in Michigan.

hitechman
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Draw a 2 mile diameter circle with the corner of Mason and Garfield Roads (SE Gratiot County) as the center (about 3 miles east of Ashley).

A lot of the land here in in the Gratiot-Saginaw State Game Area, but some private land as well.

Steve

1Deon
02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi - I read the thread and like the tangent however does anyone have or know of a place to hog hunt other than a "high fence ranch"?

hitechman
02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi - I read the thread and like the tangent however does anyone have or know of a place to hog hunt other than a "high fence ranch"?

See post #14.

Steve