PDA

View Full Version : re-trigger-ing an AR

ltdave
04-05-2004, 07:19 PM
okay...

no luck getting a trigger for my Colt other than a Jewell...

how hard is it to put in and adjust? its got to be 4.5lb to be legal and i have no scale so am i screwed?

time is running out (yeah i know i had all winter to take care of this) my first matches are going to be the first weekend of may at camp custer...

any one have any suggestions? John Holliger said his RRA trigger wont fit my big pin lower and told me the Jewell will be probably my best bet...

david

sahauptman
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Try Browells

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/AdvancedSearch.aspx?c=2453

ltdave
04-06-2004, 06:34 AM
yes, brownells and others HAVE them, im more concerned with what it takes to install and set.

id hate to have to shoot a stock colt trigger most of the year...

ive got 20+ matches scheduled this summer at perry, custer and my local club...

david

karcent
04-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Not being a smart ass, but I would suggest selling the rifle and buying one that is more "parts friendly".
Jewell triggers can try anyone's patients.

ltdave
04-06-2004, 10:02 AM
i know i know but this is a special rifle. there is no flattened wood pulp associating me to this rifle and its NEW.

everything on it is set up ready to go. other than the trigger...

david

karcent
04-06-2004, 10:38 AM
You might want to see what the guys at AR15.com have to offer for suggestions to remedy the trigger situation.

sahauptman
04-07-2004, 10:06 AM
yes, brownells and others HAVE them, im more concerned with what it takes to install and set.

id hate to have to shoot a stock colt trigger most of the year...

ive got 20+ matches scheduled this summer at perry, custer and my local club...

david

The JP trigger is your best bet. It comes in the large pin size, easy to adjust and come with a video showing you how to install and tune.

It isn't rocket science, just follow the directions and you'll br fine.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7585&title=AR-15+ADJUSTABLE+TRIGGER+KIT