PDA

View Full Version : Wild pigs

ftopping91
06-16-2010, 12:05 AM
I know they just changed the law so that you don't need a license to hunt bore/pig anymore. Is there any part of Michigan that really has a surplus?

pkuptruck
06-16-2010, 03:47 AM
last I checked, only about 70 of the 84+ counties had them! LOL

Check the DNR website, or michigan-sportsman.com

there are some hazy, and a few spercific areas detailed ....

PaulB84
06-16-2010, 08:18 AM
the saginaw bay area has the largest concentration IIRC, that was where the largest "pig jailbreak" occurred and apparently the herd hasn't moved far.

PS you absolutely DO need a license. Any valid hunting license, including small game, but if you dont have one, you're gonna lose your gun, dog, truck $ and freedom. get a license.

who dat
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
the saginaw bay area has the largest concentration IIRC, that was where the largest "pig jailbreak" occurred and apparently the herd hasn't moved far.

PS you absolutely DO need a license. Any valid hunting license, including small game, but if you dont have one, you're gonna lose your gun, dog, truck $ and freedom. get a license.
I think that changed to only needing a CPL, which IMO is stupid.

ETA...you need a CPL OR any valid hunting license, not both.

I'll check and verify.

As of 3/24/10:

CONTENT
House Bill 5822 (H-2) would enact Section 4a of Public Act 328 of 1976, which
concerns animals running at large, to do the following:
-- Declare that swine running at large on public or private property are a public
nuisance.
-- Permit a local animal control officer or a law enforcement officer to kill a swine
running at large on public or private property.
-- Permit a person with a concealed pistol permit or a valid hunting license to kill
a swine running at large on public property.
-- Permit the property owner or other authorized person to kill a swine running at
large on private property.

Link to the whole PDF:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2009-2010/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2009-SFA-5822-S.pdf

pkuptruck
06-16-2010, 10:00 AM
IIRC, you need A license.. Any, valid, current hunting license will do.
(small game, turrkey, etc..... )

PaulB84
06-16-2010, 10:06 AM
I think that changed to only needing a CPL, which IMO is stupid.

I'll check and verify.

doesn't pass the smell test for me, but if you can find it in print I'd be very curious. Doesnt matter for me as I will always have both :)

EDIT Nice find! I must have posted my response literally as you put in the edit....says 5822 WOULD enact....does that mean it DID? is that official? and does the CPL require you to hunt them with a pistol?? why the heck would having a CPL allow you to take game with a long gun that would ordinarily require a hunting license?? :coocoo:

who dat
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
doesn't pass the smell test for me, but if you can find it in print I'd be very curious. Doesnt matter for me as I will always have both :)

EDIT must have posted that literally as you put in the edit....says 5822 WOULD enact....does that mean it DID? is that official? and does the CPL require you to hunt them with a pistol?? why the heck would having a CPL allow you to take game with a long gun that would ordinarily require a hunting license?? :coocoo:
Posted.

PaulB84
06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Posted.

Cool! thank you sir

lotusexige
06-16-2010, 07:40 PM
does anyone have property up there with a ton of hogs on it? love to spend a day taking some down with my AR-15. and maybe a m77 300 mag.

Dansjeep2000
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bacon

who dat
06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Bacon
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...rabies.

m44
07-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...rabies.

Lmao.... :lol:

Indeed, you may not want to eat a wild hog. Apart from the risk of disease, they eat just about everything, including garbage.

PWND3r
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I think it'd be fun just to take some down, as bad as it sounds. Let's get a trip going. I'm like to take some out with my Mosin.

PaulB84
07-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I've yet to hear of anything more than sporadic sightings. No genuine "pig hunting grounds" like down south as yet....believe me, when there is, I'll be there with an AR and a smile :D

Quantum007
07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
+1:crosshai: