PDA

View Full Version : CCW class for women?

Fiddler
04-25-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a women's ccw class. I know there may be some women who feel more comfortable in a class for women run by a female instructor. Please post here, email or PM if you or someone you know (wife, girlfriend, sister, mother, etc.) would be interested. The class would be held in S.E. Michigan within the next few months. I need a minimum of five students to offer the class.

Email pistolinstructor@charter.net

paddy
04-27-2004, 04:59 AM
I will talf to the current wife and see if she is interested. I don't think she will be interested, but I will try.

The "current wife" thing is a joke. She is the first and last and has been going for 26 years so far. :)

Fiddler
04-27-2004, 09:04 AM
:lol: Paddy, you don't look old enough to have been married for 26 years, but that's great! I hope she decides to go for it.

paddy
04-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, I just asked the current wife and she shrugged her shoulders and said "I never thought about it. Maybe....I will think about it."

Thanks for the comment "Paddy, you don't look old enough to have been married for 26 years" The current wife did steal me out of my stroler. :D

Fiddler
05-01-2004, 07:12 AM
:lol:

You know, believe it or not, that's how I started out. I always enjoyed shooting, but getting a ccw was not a responsibility I took lightly. On top of that, I was concerned about the possible consequences of being a ccw holder in a very anti-gun profession. However, after a lot of thought and discussion, I decided it was worth the risk to my profession to be able to protect my life if needed, and look at me now. :shock:

daccj5
05-09-2004, 07:53 AM
I've mentioned it to my wife, she didn't so no. Thats a start, she does like the idea of a class for women only. So I guess this is a qualified maybe... What would the cost be ? considerinng min. participation and possible locations? Thanks

jpeos
05-09-2004, 02:08 PM
I have two for ya if the class falls on date compatible with their schedules.

Fiddler
05-10-2004, 08:24 AM
That's great guys! I will do all I can to accomodate the schedules of the participants. It's all about the students! Please email the students' names and email addresses to pistolinstructor@charter.net and I will put together a list of students. From there, we will work out a schedule to hopefully suit everyone's needs. I will also need to know if they have any pistol experience. I will be happy to meet with anyone who needs basic pistol instruction.

The cost for the class will be $125.

Diverdave
05-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Fiddler, I will talk to my GF tonight. She has not been real keen on the idea but if was all women I may be able to get her in. She is a better shot than I am anyway!

Diverdave
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Just got off the phone with GF. and OMG she is INTERESTED! Of couse scheduling is her concern.

Fiddler
05-10-2004, 06:12 PM
That's great, Dave! I'm going to do all I can to make this a first rate class tailored to the needs of women! This will include more awareness training than the ccw class usually includes as well as women's carry concerns and options.

Diverdave
05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Fiddler, any news?

Fiddler
05-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm considering a Friday night and Saturday in July, depending on several factors, including number of students and range availability. Let me know if there are any dates you'd like me to avoid and I'll do all I can to accomodate your requests. The cost will be $125 per person.

Diverdave
05-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks, I'll talk to GF today and see if there are any special days besides her birthday.

Fiddler
05-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm looking at July 9 (evening) and July 10 for the class. There are not many dates available. Let me know what you think.

Diverdave
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
I just talked to GF. Those dates are fine. Yippee!

darkside852003
06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
My grandma was thinking of getting her CCW I'll run it by her.

Jeff

Fiddler
06-01-2004, 05:30 PM
That's good news, guys. Keep them coming! I'm really looking forward to teaching the class!

Ken P
06-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Where would you do this Karen?

TFL?

I may have one interested...she just left our company and is in business for herself...she expressed an interest in CCW two or three months ago...

Autumnlovr
06-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Karen,
I'll talk to a few women at work who have expressed an interest in getting their CPL. I"ll let you know.....

Fiddler
06-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Ken, Lauren, thank you! It's looking like it will most likely be at the Howell Gun Club. I was hoping to teach the class at TFL but they don't allow outside instructors to use the classroom for anything other than volunteer work.

Fiddler
06-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok guys and gals! So far I have 4 confirmed students for the class. If I can get 2 more, it'll be a go. Thanks for the referrals! :D

darkside852003
06-03-2004, 10:39 PM
My Grandma says saturday or sundays are good for her. Do you have a phone # she can contact you at? I still have to hunt her down the .38 she wants, I just bought her Kel Tec off of her :D

Fiddler
06-04-2004, 12:02 AM
My Grandma says saturday or sundays are good for her. Do you have a phone # she can contact you at? I still have to hunt her down the .38 she wants, I just bought her Kel Tec off of her :D

I will PM my phone number. No need to feel rushed to get your grandmother a pistol for the class. I have a variety of pistols which will be available for students to use in class, including a Smith and Wesson model 36LS (Lady Smith) in .38 Special.

Diverdave
06-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Fiddler, I just talked to a co-worker who is interested too!

Fiddler
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
That's great! Thanks, David!

Fiddler
06-14-2004, 08:43 AM
Sincere thanks to all who have referred their friends and family! There has been a lot of interest generated, and so far, we have 2 people who say they will definately be there. If you know anyone who is considering the class, any help you can give encouraging them to sign up would be greatly appreciated! :D

One thing I'm hearing is that some of the women are afraid they're not good enough. They don't want to look foolish in front of the class. I understand that feeling! This will be a small, beginner level class which will take place in a relaxed, positive, non-threatening atmosphere, but I will be happy to give an introductory lesson to anyone who feels they need it. I know that first step can be a bit intimidating for some, so sometimes a little encouragement is needed!

fbuckner
06-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Well just to boast about the traing Karen and Marty and Deputy Steve do "It is Great" We had a first time Shooter we will call her 'Mighty Moe".
She had NEVER shot a pistol before and she had us all in awe.
Sure she was nervous at first but she still made a mess of those targets.
And to top that off it was with every gun Karen handed her. I have to be honest I couldnt do that. So dont be shy sign up today besides I heard the meal planned for the day is going to be top-notch and it's included.

M1911A1
06-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the kind words Rick! Your class was a great time and we enjoyed it very much.
This upcoming class will be very special. In addition to the excellent luncheon and the friendly, relaxed atmosphere, there will be some extra information and instruction focusing on women's concerns with regards to awarness and concealment issues in addition to the standard course outline. All in all this isn't your typical CPL class and is really a great way to introduce someone in to the world of concealed carry and even the shooting sports in general!