PDA

View Full Version : Well, Anyone tried out the new "Antique" law?

Muldrake249
05-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm looking forward to buying a pistol, cash and carry, and it might as well be a BP revolver, since that was the style when they started the darn law. Pick up where we left off I reckon. I shoot a 1860 colt right now, and I have been eyeing 5 1/2" bbl Remington. Anyone got a hold of a mail order place and told them to take us off that dang "Please call us if your from MI, IL, CA, HI" list? Seeing my state in there with the "them" makes my stomach turn.

KAC

Al Lowe
06-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Does this mean I can tear up the green card for my C&B revolver??? ;)

yengese
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
I must have missed something- Do we not need a purchase permit or CPL to buy a blackpowder handgun anymore? Does this mean no registration also! If so, I may finally buy one.

alex-vitek
06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
I was under the impression that we could always buy a black powder propelled cap and ball revolver or pistol. But, if we wanted to shoot it or hunt with it then it had to be registered, er, safety inspected.

Under the new law, if I am interpreting it right, we would not need to register or need a purchase permit for any handgun that uses cap and ball and black powder or obsolete cartridges. My question is how do they determine obsolete cartridges, especially since companies like Starline are making brass cases for some of the really oddball calibers.

Muldrake249
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
You mean to tell me that you didn't hear about this legislation? Alright. For a long time, we didn't need a "Safety Inspection" for BP pistols. Well, then all of a sudden, they wanted them, and were enforcing it. So, some of our guys got this bill passed which states EXPLICITLY that we don't need a "Safety Inspection" or perchase permit for said pistols, no matter what we use them for. Now, as far as ripping up your Green card that you already have, I don't think that I would do that with out checking with your County Sherrif. God forbid you sell it with out transfering, and then it ends up some where it shouldn't. They'll come a callin'. As far as getting the gun off the registry, I don't know. Don't know if it's possible. But, from here on out you shouldn't need to get the PPP to buy one. I e-mailed MidwayUSA, I think that they no longer require a PPP to buy a BP revolver. So, go out there and get some C&B pistols! They are the most fun I have had behind a gun ever. More work to shoot, but fun. I make my own paper cartridges so loading is a lot quicker at the range. Clean-up varies from 30min-45min, depending on the ammount you shoot. My goal is to get 10 cylinders full in one day.

Keep your powder dry.
KAC

yengese
07-02-2004, 08:12 AM
This makes me very happy. :D
I have been living under a rock while I finished my college degree, but I am done now and trying to catch up. That is why I didn't hear about it.
I think I need to go buy a blackpowder gun. The problem is now: Which one? :D

Muldrake249
07-06-2004, 07:18 PM
I have a Pietta copy of a Colt 1860 Army .44 w/8" bbl. It's tons of fun. I think that the next one I get will be a 5" bbl 1858 Remington. But getting another Colt would be cool too. I have my colt so it seems to run good, but the Wedge system is far inferior to the Remington solid frame. But boy does the Colt look pretty. Heck, get them both.

KAC