PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy 2 hanguns within a few days of each other?

jackg
07-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi,
I've been searching for 2-3 different handguns and as the Gods would have it, it looks like 2 of the deals could happen within a couple days of each other and the 3rd could be within 2-3 weeks of those two.
Is this allowable in the state of Michigan?
Thanks

Buzzcat
07-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Yep, as long as your paperwork is in order.

Dabears!
07-02-2010, 09:55 AM
yes

pkuptruck
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
as long as the spouse does not find out! :twak:

cumminatcha
07-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I've learned to walk out with an empty gun case and tell my wife that I'm going to trade one gun for another. When I get home I show her what I got in trade. She sees it and is happy.

Congrats on the multi-gun thing, too!

Dabears!
07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
lol thats one way to do it cumminatcha

pkuptruck
07-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I've learned to walk out with an empty gun case and tell my wife that I'm going to trade one gun for another. When I get home I show her what I got in trade. She sees it and is happy.

wait.... I am writing this down......:computer: :banana:

jackg
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM

This is where the old "pucker" factor comes into play.

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate your timely help.

jackg
07-02-2010, 10:25 AM

It's obvious to me that you've put a lot of thought into this matter :-)

pkuptruck
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
This is where the old "pucker" factor comes into play.

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate your timely help.

dont forget to Post pics of these new fangled shootin irons of yours.... :thumbup:
( we wont tell anyone....promise! LOL)

jackg
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
dont forget to Post pics of these new fangled shootin irons of yours.... :thumbup:
( we wont tell anyone....promise! LOL)

Every gun owner I know prays that someone will ask that question.

cmike
07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Lol

XDM 40 cal
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
LOL, if she does, RUN....LOL!

And to the muplit gun buy, sure you can buy as many as you want "if you have your CPL or PP"

Leader
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
When I tell my wife I'm gonna get or just got another gun... she just shakes her head...:)

I have heard "What do you need another gun for? " a whole LOT of times.

This last time I did tell her I sold one first.

cmike
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
When I tell my wife I'm gonna get or just got another gun... she just shakes her head...:)

I get the same questioning from the wifeypoo.

holster72
07-04-2010, 09:21 PM

until you run out of room in your safe!

jackg
07-05-2010, 10:00 AM
until you run out of room in your safe!

This is becoming an issue. I can't spend money on a huge safe that I could use to buy http://www.migunowners.org/forum/images/smilies/fa.gif

RifleGuy
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I just tell my wife I'm going to buy a gun. Sometimes she will ask what I'm getting (to show polite interest), other times how much it cost (to make sure it doesn"t interfere with plans for other expenses) but I never have to justify a gun.

I think she's happy as long as I'm not bothering her; and a new gun keeps me in the man cave for a long time... sometimes days.

jackg
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
You guys are miserable pansies.
You've got a safe full of weapons of mass destruction and enough ammo to supply the Cuban army and will blow the head off any guy that tries entering your abode in the dark of night.
BUT, when it comes to telling your wife about a new gun you all shrivel up and wilt.http://http://www.migunowners.org/forum/images/smilies/help.gif

Grow some you guys.http://www.migunowners.org/forum/images/smilies/hide.gif

LOL

seeker01
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM

if you are looking for trouble, and you are a little passive aggressive... you can try:

How many purses do you have/need?
How many shoes?
How many bathing suits?
How many pair of sunglasses?
...etc.

...i've learned to stick to the 'yes dear' answer regardless of the question :naughty:

mortman
07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
LMAO!!

dougwg
07-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi,
I've been searching for 2-3 different handguns and as the Gods would have it, it looks like 2 of the deals could happen within a couple days of each other and the 3rd could be within 2-3 weeks of those two.
Is this allowable in the state of Michigan?
Thanks
Must be an assassin or something.

Who really needs to buy 2 guns in 1 day?

:-?

jackg
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Sorry, no---no assasin, nothing that exciting. :-)

It's all about timing, I ordered a custom build back in Dec 09 and it's being delivered this week but, in the meantime i found a great deal on a DW VBOB and so the two are coming in almost together.

reverendg
07-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Only 2?

donald150
07-15-2010, 07:41 PM
You guys are miserable pansies.
You've got a safe full of weapons of mass destruction and enough ammo to supply the Cuban army and will blow the head off any guy that tries entering your abode in the dark of night.
BUT, when it comes to telling your wife about a new gun you all shrivel up and wilt.http://http://www.migunowners.org/forum/images/smilies/help.gif

Grow some you guys.:hide:

LOL

:yeahthat:

My wife knows about all of my guns. I have bought many of them with her right next to me. However I'm sure she could not give an accurate count of them at this point :mrgreen:

BTW she has 3 of her own:thup:

jackg
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
:yeahthat:

My wife knows about all of my guns. I have bought many of them with her right next to me. However I'm sure she could not give an accurate count of them at this point :mrgreen:

BTW she has 3 of her own:thup:

Well played Sir, you are a gentleman and you've managed to cloud the issue of how many exist. Quite masterful.

glock24
07-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I just bought 3 AR lowers in a single visit to my local gun store.

H&K
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
in a womens defense, not all of us are against having multiple guns! i love when my boyfriend buys more guns (for himself or me), cuz it gives me something new to play with. if i had all the guns that i WANTED, my collection would be WAY more then just 3.

GuitarPlaya
11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
:whip:

Thats gotta be the funniest comment ive ever read. lol:roflmao:

jmanz6
11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
My wife would want to see the gun I was trading - just ot make sure I had one in the case. She isn't easily fooled when it comes to me buying toys. She also doesn't really care since her money is her money and mine is mine. AS long as the bills and mortgage gets paid, she could care less what I spend my money on. Plus, if I buy lots of toys (guns, motorcycles, boats, cars, etc) then I don't have enough money left to spend on other women, strippers, etc. Not to mention, she gets to play with my toys when I bring them home. I even bought her a motorcycle this summer.

DLL9MM
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I purchased 2 Glocks last week from Michigan Police Equipment. They had to fill out an ATF Multiple purchase form that took a while to complete. I also had to sign a seperate form saying I bought more than one pistol within 5 days. Strange.

11-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I figured my wife didn't know how many Garands I had because they all looked the same. Then I noticed she was writing down serial numbers.

sarco001
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
wait.... I am writing this down......:computer: :banana:

Don't do this, it becomes evidence if you get caught and is harder to deny.