PDA

View Full Version : questions about first purchase

topcide
06-08-2004, 10:24 PM
since im finally old enough to purchase(23 next week) and have enough extra $, im buying my first pistol. Ive settled on a glock 23. i got my purcashe permit today and i have a few questions about the procedure.

so basicly what i have to do is this

if buying from a private individual, which im 99% sure im going to do, he fills out his portion of the purcashe permit on all copys, i give him the seller copy, then i return to the police station that issued said permit, and present the weapon for inspection. the process is the same when buying from a gun shop as well

am i missing anything?

Kouger
06-08-2004, 10:54 PM
you got it..........its that plain simple and easy.make sure you check serial numbers and his ID if you dont know him well. dont make boo - boos...... make sure all areas of said permit is filled out.

bluethunder
06-09-2004, 07:47 AM
I think the purchase permit is only good for 10 days. Hope you find a 'keeper'. Good luck on your first purchase. But I doubt it will be your last............ :D

topcide
06-10-2004, 08:45 PM
so i bought my glock. ive had it for less than 12 hours and im allready thnking about what im going to buy next. is this normal? :D

Rob
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
You only want one more? nah thats not normal, most of us want MANY MANY more :lol:

Toxie
06-10-2004, 10:26 PM
guns reproduce like rabbits.

Very expensive to feed rabbits.

bluethunder
06-11-2004, 07:14 AM
guns reproduce like rabbits.

Very expensive to feed rabbits.

:lol: Yeah, and they don't taste as well in stew as rabbits, either. :wink: