PDA

View Full Version : Wolf .223 ammo - really bad?

jmoser
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Couple weeks ago my friend was sighting in his AR with some cheap Wolf .223 ammo. I have used Wolf 9 mm and .22 without problems, in fact the .22 is quite accurate. In any case he was so disgusted with lack of accuracy that he gave me the remaining 30 rds. Last night I was breaking in a new Encore bbl and used the Wolf at 50 yards.

When I was cleaning after every shot it was OK, but when I got to 2-3 shot strings it would fly all over the place after the first shot. I could not get a 4" 5 shot group at 50 yards.

Maybe this was a bad lot, but you almost have to try to make ammo that bad. Consider this a 'heads up' warning, maybe others have feedback on the Wolf ammo. I still have 1K 7.62 rds that I bought cheap for my Mini 30, but I would not buy this again unless it was just for pure fun / gravel pit blasting. You get what you pay for I guess.

RSF
06-11-2004, 10:29 AM
in a word yes! it is horrible, dirty and leaves enough laquer build up to waterproof your gun the 22 is very accurate stuff, the handgun stuff is just as bad ans may actually void some warrenties, and some ranges wont let you shoot it.

Roz
06-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Just use it in what it was designed to be used in.. AK Clones and SKS's and you'll be fine.