PDA

View Full Version : Safe Accessories

YZR
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Now that I have my nice new safe from Chewy I'm looking for a way to hang my handguns on the door to free up shelf space. Does anyone out there have any experiences, good or bad, with some of the things that are available? I have seen Velcro mount holsters and mats that hang on the door with pouches. Any pluses or minuses for one Vs. the other?

BobM
07-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Now that I have my nice new safe from Chewy I'm looking for a way to hang my handguns on the door to free up shelf space. Does anyone out there have any experiences, good or bad, with some of the things that are available? I have seen Velcro mount holsters and mats that hang on the door with pouches. Any pluses or minuses for one Vs. the other?

I got my velcro mat / holsters from "able" safe, they hook on the door and so far so good

Bob M

mortman
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I got my velcro mat / holsters from "able" safe, they hook on the door and so far so good

Bob M
Is that the place in Warren?

BobM
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM

I thought it was madison heights, but it might be warren, it's down that way towards detroit:banana:

Bob M

JLHOG
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I went to Lowes or Home Depot and bought some plastic hooks. Then removed the interior door panel to install them. Very cheap and effective.http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t1/JLHOG/324-1.jpg

JohnT
07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Looks like you have room to grow the collection.

Tom S.
08-28-2010, 06:10 AM
This isn't quite what you're looking for, as they don't mount on the door, but they work great to maximize shelf space for handguns.

Handgun Storage Rack (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=198310)

Shyster
08-28-2010, 07:15 AM
www.storemoreguns.com

aresbykes
08-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Looks like you have room to grow the collection.

I wouldn't blow opsec and show my safe. Not that I have any longguns anyways, all those were lost in a terrible boating accident.

:outofammo::outofammo::outofammo:

badman
08-28-2010, 09:52 PM
i bought some of the hooks that hang in the peg board/hole board for workshops. just drill one hole and slip inside. hangs without fail and the options for hooks are almost unlimited. i purchased the ones that are covered in rubber and i hung my ar pistols and mac 10 on the door. works great and looks sweet. i also got a light and a pressure swich and the light comes on automaticaly when the door is opened. i even got a flip down door stop so i could show it off right with the door held open.

G22
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM

13 mile and Mound