PDA

View Full Version : Revolver action job

Python
06-16-2004, 02:33 PM
I have a S&W 66 (2.5 inch barrel) which I use as my main carry gun. The trigger pull is a bit heavy I was thinking of sending it to the Smith & Wesson Perfomance Center for an action job. But it's a bit pricey ($125 according to their website) and I wanted to check to see if anyone has had any experience in this. Is it worth it?

karcent
06-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Depending on where you live, or how far you want to travel, I can make a referal for you.
Dan Easterling in St Clair does a fabulous job with S&W revolvers. You'll save a ton of money and you won't be without your gun for a month.
Email me at kurtreifert@sbcglobal.net and I'll provide contact info.

sprink
06-16-2004, 07:56 PM
If you are handy, you can do a bit yourself. Spring change and some simple polishing.......if you are comfortable taking it apart, it's not too hard at all.

45 acp
06-17-2004, 03:57 AM
I have a S&W 66 that had an action job done by the Smith & Wesson Perfomance Center. All I can say is it is money well spent. This is the smoothest revolver I have ever shot.
I dont use mine for carry as it is a 6 inch with a scope on it.

goldwing2000
06-17-2004, 07:10 AM
If you want to patronize local businesses, Mag-na-Port in Mt. Clemens does that type of work.

45 acp
06-17-2004, 03:31 PM
If you want to patronize local businesses, Mag-na-Port in Mt. Clemens does that type of work.
I had a Dan Wesson Revolver done by Williams Gunsite in Davidson a few years ago and they also do quality work.