PDA

View Full Version : Renewed yesterday and wayco tells me 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 months

FIREWALKER
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Renewed yesterday and wayco tells me 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 months?????

Well here is the question? first i called wayco and they told me not to apply before 6 months prior to expior so i did wat the told me, i expire in 5 months so what do i do if there is a laps in issuing the new permit????

Any thoughts?? is there a procedure to get things moved forward, with out wasting everyones time with a temp permit???
ken

Tallbear
06-29-2004, 09:00 AM
It seems they are telling that "5-6 months" story to give themselves time to get it done. I've seen a couple so far that have been in the 3 month range, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If it comes done to your last month, I'd go to the gun board meeting (second Tuesday of the month) and request a temp.

Fred Mager
06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
They're telling you this so you will not be calling them periodically to find out where you stand. I applied on March 8th this year and was approved at the june 8th meeting. My old permit expired on Oct 28th.

Ken P
06-29-2004, 11:09 AM
90 days for mine

pwest58
07-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Do I have to get finger printed again for wayco renewal? :? sorry didn't notice the waco thread above.

Fred Mager
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
My original permit expired on Oct 28th/04. I reapplied the second week of March and was approved at the June 8th meeting. This was less than 90 days. They are telling you this so you will not be calling them periodically to find out where you stand. It appears there is some sort of expedited process for renewals so don't worry about it. If you're getting close to exp go to the board meeting and ask for a temp. Waco is approving about 400 permits a month so they are busy but they seem to have their act together.

Ken P
07-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Do I have to get finger printed again for wayco renewal? :? sorry didn't notice the waco thread above.

Yes it's the law, it's not a WACO thing.

As far as your other question in the other thread, their reasoning for the letter is so they don't have to call your reference

DD
07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Man! What a difference. I just picked my renewal up in Oakland - 4 weeks start to finish. No hassles at all.

We gotta get these counties on the same program.

DD

Ken D
08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
mine took three weeks in oakland, they were much better organized than last time.