PDA

View Full Version : Renewal in Monroe County

Divegeek
06-30-2004, 08:33 AM
I went to Monroe yesterday to do my renewal. If you already have your paperwork, head straight to the courthouse, which is convienently right across the street from the Sheriffs office. Make sure that you remove any objectionable items from your person before entering the building. They still have the gestapo there doing security. I had removed everything from my pockets and I mean everything, and I still set off the metal detector. So I had the fun of being wanded too. Luckily the guy running the x-ray didn't see any thing in my bucket of stuff that he deemed threatening. Proceed to the clercks office, (2nd floor). Give the ladies your app. and your money. They only accept cash and money orders. You have to sign some other paperwork telling them what township you live in and a slip that gives them permission to discuss your health with your doctor, but they never ask who your doctor is, so I have no idea what good it does them. They will give you a new copy of the firearms laws, and then you sign a slip saying that yes you did receive you copy. Then get your receipt and some of your paperwork, and head over to the Sheriffs office. There the nice ladies ask for your papers, and check it over. It was here that the lady said to me, "where is your training certificate?" I told her that it was a renewal and didn't need one. She then turned and asked the deputy standing behind her if this was true. I didn't hear what he said but since she took my stuff, I will assume that he said it was true. Then you get fingerprinted, and this was nice, because they have one of the new digital imaging systems for fingerprints. No more ink and messy stains. Just so you know you should call and get the finger printing schedule, because I noticed that they only do it until early afternoon on two days of the week. The other days they are available from 9am to 9pm.

All in all it wasn't a terrible experience. I'm sure places like Waco are a lot more difficult.

Ken P
06-30-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm sure places like Waco are a lot more difficult.

Actually they aren't...so far they are doing quite well in my opinion. From the other testimonials that have turned in renewals I don't recall any issues being brought up.

turn around has been in the 90 day time range.