PDA

View Full Version : ACTS CRC Day 2 Videos...

Will-IB-Ready
07-12-2010, 10:28 AM
All the videos can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShootersVideos

Oltimer2
HzxDYstlfeo

Me
HBPf_B8uxQQ

JoeyWhat
8lraKjxCcsE

eXtF9uUUqOk

RSF
qYU3LBSVLiU

TrainingTeamCpl
rVNUpeTrvzE

a13ytEsF7Nc

Barbara
4g_SZGe_6-I

d4yWq9tjmp4

M_5vjSB1QXI

wJAKE19
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Chris, how did you do? were you happy with your performance? did you learn anything?

we still on for Thrusday?

Will-IB-Ready
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Chris, how did you do? So-So. 20th out of 52 guys.
were you happy with your performance? Meh...
did you learn anything? Yup. Loads of stuff.

we still on for Thrusday? Yup, As far as I know.

miked
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks for posting all the vids. Looks like a lot of fun. Some day I'll have to build up the nerve to try something like that.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for posting all the vids. Looks like a lot of fun. Some day I'll have to build up the nerve to try something like that.

the best thing would be to just come out to a monthly match. less people and very laid back. If you need gear most people will let you borrow and try stuff.

plan for next month!

miked
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
the best thing would be to just come out to a monthly match. less people and very laid back. If you need gear most people will let you borrow and try stuff.

plan for next month!

I've been meaning to at least come out and observe for quite a while now, just haven't been able to make it work with my schedule.

How much ammo does one (a noob) normally go through in one of these events?

Note that I have no formal training Though I am starting Defensive 1 tonight at Advanced Ranges and am signed up for HG1 (MDFI) on the 17th.

If you guys promise not to laugh at me too hard (at least to my face) I may give it a go. ;-D Is there a schedule posted somewhere for the rest of the year.

I'll be at your fun shoot on the 24th, maybe we can talk then and you can tell me more about it.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
07-12-2010, 12:03 PM
I've been meaning to at least come out and observe for quite a while now, just haven't been able to make it work with my schedule.

How much ammo does one (a noob) normally go through in one of these events?

Note that I have no formal training Though I am starting Defensive 1 tonight at Advanced Ranges and am signed up for HG1 (MDFI) on the 17th.

If you guys promise not to laugh at me too hard (at least to my face) I may give it a go. ;-D Is there a schedule posted somewhere for the rest of the year.

I'll be at your fun shoot on the 24th, maybe we can talk then and you can tell me more about it.

usually 100 rifle 50 pistol in the monthly matches. I always bring more just in case but its not a huge round count.

The guys that shoot ACTS are extremely helpful come out to a match and take your time. there are no prizes at the monthly matches so theres no need to feel like you have to rush through.

Go through the stages at YOUR speed not others. And yeah we'll talk at the fun shoot.

Joeywhat
07-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Always bring more then the 'required' round count. That's usually the bare minimum, meaning you don't miss a whole lot and only shoot each target twice.

I try to get out of the 'gamer zone' when shooting this and engage a lot of targets more then twice. Two hits in the 0 zone is required to clean it, but more hits don't hurt and more directly reflects on reality. Fact is 2 hits will most likely not be sufficient to drop someone, especially with a pistol.

But yes the matches are good stuff and a lot of fun. Don't worry about how you do, you're probably not as bad as you think. We're always open to new shooters, just tell the RO's you're new and they can help you out with the stages.

G-lock
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Miked-
Matches are 2nd Saturday of the month in Bellevue, MI at Centerline.

There is also a 2nd ACTS chapter in Marlette that run the 4th Sat. or Sunday of the month, but I need to verify those dates.

Jeff

miked
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm seriously considering this. I really want to step up my game and develop/improve my skills.

Keep the videos coming, I love watching these.