PDA

View Full Version : Renewed in Oakland yesterday

RS2
07-02-2004, 06:44 AM
I filed my renewal application with the Oakland County Clerk yesterday, July 1. They took my app, photo and $105.00 (cash or credit card) and gave me a copy of the app and a receipt to take over to the Sheriff's Records Department, around the back of the Jailhouse Building. The clerk mentioned that the new CPL would run for five years from the date of issuance, rather than from the expiration date of my current license. Mine will expire on November 2, and she said the renewal process is taking 2 - 2.5 months. At the Sheriff's they took my prints on their new fingerprint scanning machine - no ink. And no additional charge for the prints. After printing a copy of the print sheet, they asked me to sign it and I was on my way.

Ron

joen
07-14-2004, 05:06 AM
Ron (and others),

I hope things go as well for you as they did for me. As I indicated in another thread, submitted renewal stuff 06/11 and received word yesterday the new CPL is ready at the Clerk's Office.

st6_guy
07-14-2004, 12:26 PM
My Oakland County renewal took 5 weeks total. I just received a call from the clerk to pick it up my new CCW.

My only complaint was the fingerprinting location, which is a LONG walk from any legal parking space. It's not user freindly to get to.

Now I look forward to a REGULAR sized wallet.

bluethunder
07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
My only complaint was the fingerprinting location, which is a LONG walk from any legal parking space. It's not user freindly to get to.

Now I look forward to a REGULAR sized wallet.

Yep, the closest place to park is the 'construction workers' parking lot. Heck, it's right across the driveway. And the regular-sized wallet is a definate plus.

joen
07-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Hear that! And every time I've had to the Records Department, it's been raining! windy, too!

RS2
08-04-2004, 01:57 PM
UPDATE

I got a phone call 15 minutes ago from a nice lady at the Oakland County Clerk's office, who told me that my newly renewed CPL is ready for me to pick up - 34 days from filing. I'll pick it up Friday morning, since I have to be at the Courthouse for a mediation hearing.

Ron

bluethunder
08-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Excellent !! :thup: Great to know that Oakland County is keeping things on a timely schedule. But I think the real test will be in a month or two, when a bunch of renewals will be due.

RS2
08-06-2004, 10:14 AM
I stopped over at the Clerk's desk while at the courthouse this morning, and was provided with a nice, fresh renewed CPL. Now I don't have to worry about it for another five years.

The new license form (dated 4/03) is slightly smaller than the former one and no longer has my address on it. Worse, the beard on the guy in the picture is even grayer than on my old license.

Ron

bluethunder
08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
:lol: I found a soultion for that 'Dorrian Grey' type thing you have going on there. I used the extra picture from last time :roll:

RS2
08-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Good idea, Kent!

I suppose if it bothered me too much, I could just shave it off. My sons, the eldest of whom will be 15 next month, wouldn't recognize me, as I have had a beard continuously for nearly 16 years.

Ron (Graybeard)

bluethunder
08-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Good idea, Kent!

I suppose if it bothered me too much, I could just shave it off. My sons, the eldest of whom will be 15 next month, wouldn't recognize me, as I have had a beard continuously for nearly 16 years.

Ron (Graybeard)

I'm even considering the "Grecian Solution" . :shock:

45 acp
08-06-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm even considering the "Grecian Solution" . :shock:

Hey let me know if it works as I really should do something about my grey problem also. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

cliffd
09-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Oakland County continues to do a tip top job on issuance.

I applied for my renewal on July 30 and the renewal was issued September 2.

34 Days, an exact repeat of my first experience.

Good Job Oakland County!!! Thanks!