PDA

View Full Version : H&R 922

David in MI
07-15-2010, 01:14 PM
H&R 922 .22cal Double Action Revolver with a 2 1/2" barrel. Printed on the left side of the barrel is this: "MOD 922" and just underneath, "H&R WORC. MASS"

Grips appear to be plastic and original.

I would put the condition as good to very good. I would rate the finish at 85% although there are needle-sized blemishes on a fair % of the gun.

Background: The pistol was given to me along with the question, "How much would you pay for something like this?" My interest in this pistol is almost entirely as a first-pistol shooter for my three daughters. I started my oldest (just under age 9) on a Browning Buckmark but the grip is fairly thick for her small hands. This revolver may be just what the doctor ordered.

So.... let me know what you think. If I have not included something important, please let me know and I will try to get the information posted shortly. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: One item that may be worthwhile to note is that I have the original box with the pistol. The box is not in very good shape so I doubt this would add any value but thought it worthy of mention.

miforest
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
It probably would be good for your daughters , if hearing protection is used, targets are large and range is kept very short. 10 yds?
I would spend the extra coin for target or pistol target ammo for it,
the recoil is very mold and it helps with accuracy.
The rust flecks are a problem too. they should be rubbed out if possible,
probably $50- 75 gun.

David in MI
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info. That was about what I wanted to pay for it, $50 or so. This is definitely just a starter pistol, no pun intended, just a gun to help them learn the fundamentals.