PDA

View Full Version : Kent County renewal

triggernometry
07-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Renewal in 3 weeks from application until approval in Kent County. Yesterday I went before the Gun Board (I refused to produce the doctor's sanity statement)and was asked the same questions as before. They told me I would get a letter in about a week to pick up my new card. I am to destroy the old card even though it will have over a month left on it.

Jim Simmons
07-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I am to destroy the old card even though it will have over a month left on it.

Geez, oh peetz. They just love to make it up as they go along, don't they?

There's no need to destroy the old one, any more than there's a requirement to destroy an expired driver's license. Just don't use it to defraud or mislead someone.

spanky
08-17-2004, 01:17 PM
I applied for renewal June 22nd. I also refused to produce the doctor's sanity statement and was "requested" to attend the board meeting today. Two of the three board members looked as though they preferred to be elsewhere. I entered the meeting at 10:08 and left at 10:11. What an incredible waste of time for these public officials, not to mention my time! I was asked the same questions on my app and told to destroy my old permit after picking up the new one in about a week. This procedure, in my opinion accomplishes nothing! Oh, wait - yes it does! I get to pick up my renewed 5 year cpl in about a week! What was I thinking!! :?