PDA

View Full Version : Livingston Co.

Leader
07-16-2004, 02:45 PM
My ex father-in-law passed away a couple Mos. ago & his wife found a handgun she never knew he had.
(I found out it had NEVER been registered)
She wanted it out of the house & asked me if I would take it.
Went to Livingston Co Sheriff & asked what we had to do.
As nice as could be she explained I needed to get a permit to purchase. Fill it out & bring it, the gun, & the death cert. in then get it "Safety inspected".
Gave me a permit right then & there.
Brought the gun & paperwork back & got everything handled.
I spent no more then 10 min. in that office total for both trips.
The girl I talked to was as nice as could be both times.
I might just go ahead & get my CPL if that's how Livingston Co. treats people.

Scoop
07-16-2004, 02:58 PM
My ex father-in-law passed away a couple Mos. ago & his wife found a handgun she never knew he had.
As nice as could be she explained I needed to get a permit to purchase. Fill it out & bring it, the gun, & the death cert. in then get it "Safety inspected".

Livingston County Sheriff's office is the BEST when it comes to just about ANYTHING like this; I live about 5 miles from there. CPL was a 5 minute breeze ...

bluethunder
07-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Leader, Scoop, sounds like you 2 live in a pretty good county. Oakland is pretty good, but not that good.

Godfather JAM
07-17-2004, 09:37 AM
I've had nothing but friendly people at Livingston CO Sherrif. When I got my safety inspection in Livingston county the officer handed my gun back and said " There's nothing like the feel of a .45 .

No need to do the coat it in grease thing, just for any anti clerks there.

Livingston County Sheriff's office is the BEST when it comes to just about ANYTHING like this; I live about 5 miles from there. CPL was a 5 minute breeze ...

Fiddler
07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
My CPL was a breeze, and I've always found the Livingston County Sherrif's office a pleasure to work with. They are always courteous, and the officers often even enjoy "inspecting" my guns. Sometimes, you can hear them in the back, passing the pistol around, and a few times I've even gotten a :thup: over a few of my pistols. The funniest experience I ever had was registering my SKS with the folding stock. The officer inspecting it actually came out to meet the person registering the sks, and assumed it was my husband's, but when I stepped forward, he gave me (5'3" female) a long look, grinned, and asked, " what do you plan to do with this, start a war?" My answer was, "just play." And he asked, "play what? being terrorist?" We still laugh about that one.

bluethunder
07-17-2004, 05:59 PM
You had to register the SKS as a pistol, because of the folding stock?

Fiddler
07-19-2004, 06:03 PM
You had to register the SKS as a pistol, because of the folding stock?

Yes. It will still fire when folded.