PDA

View Full Version : Ingham County CCW permits

Rugerman
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Any one know how long it is taking in Ingham county for a renewal?
and did any thing change from the county since last time.
Thanks in advance
Ron

Knimrod
08-01-2004, 04:31 PM
I just applied for renewal a couple of weeks ago. The process is much more streamlined now. Download renewal form here: http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf but don't sign until you get to county clerk's office. They will take your fee and take a picture for an extra $5.00. They'll also offer lamination if you want for an additional small fee. From there, go to Sheriff's office and get fingerprinted. I was told 6-8 weeks for approval. Pretty painless really.

Lance

Bob_T
08-07-2004, 10:26 PM
It took four weeks for mine. When I went to renew, they gave me a hard time about needing an additional class. After enough discussion, they finally saw the light that a formal class is not required for a renewal and one can self certify. I believe they got there bad information from one or more over zealous trainers.

When I went to pick up my permit, they asked if I wanted it laminated for $2.00 additional. I thought what the heck, save myself a trip to Kinkos and had it done. BIG MISTAKE. They use some cheap self stick laminate that looks like hell and leaks adhesive out from around the edges. Should have done the heavy duty hot press laminate like I normally do with these types of things.

Knimrod
08-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I got a postcard yesterday that said my new cpl was ready to be picked up. That makes it 4 weeks. Not bad. Kudos to Ingham County for making the system work.