Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Who wants to help make Appleseed history? Be 1 of 300 shooters on the line!

On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We have a shooting line over 400 yards wide and have room for 300 shooters! The current record is 154 back in 2006. We already have pre-registered more people than that, so this will be a record-breaking event. 37 Appleseed instructors have already volunteered, and more are coming.

Think about it...300 rilfes shooting the redcoat target - that's 3900 rounds. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

Come on out and be part of history! Women, under 18 and active military/reserve shoot free. So a family of 5 would cost 70 bucks, plus $10 each to the range.

Click HERE for more information,
    or click HERE to register.
    Last edited by intheburbs; 08-26-2010 at 11:42 PM.

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=intheburbs]On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

Come on out and be part of history! Women, under 18 and active military/reserve shoot free. So a family of 5 would cost 70 bucks, plus $10 each to the range.

Or go buy six boxs of fed bulk 22's and take the family to shoot until they get blisters on their fingers for the same $120.00.

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=shooter57]
    Quote Originally Posted by intheburbs
    On September 11-12, there is an Appleseed event scheduled in Waterman, IL. We're going to do a 1 1/2-minute fun shoot - how many rounds will be fired in that time, 10,000?

Or go buy six boxs of fed bulk 22's and take the family to shoot until they get blisters on their fingers for the same $120.00.
    You obviously have no clue what Appleseed is about. It teaches shooters young and old about gun safety, proper shooting technique, and among other things some important AMERICAN history. That is still considered by some to be a value worth passing on.

I am a Forum User
    While i've never participated in any Appleseed events, it definitely sounds like a great .ORG, and i'd love to see MGO get together with them for an event.

But i sure don't understand why they would hold an event that will be remembered for years, in one of the most 'anti' states in the country. Screw Illinois.

MGO Member Forum User
    Some of the most successful/fastest-growing Appleseed states are states like California, New York and Illinois. They also happen to be the big population centers.

I think it reflects the desire by residents of those states to have more opportunities to use/practice with their firearms.

As a former NY-er, born and raised on Long Island, I can see and understand why there'd be a pent-up demand for something like Applseed.

HERE'S a link with more info about the Appleseed 300. Impressive picture of the shooting line.

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    While i've never participated in any Appleseed events, it definitely sounds like a great .ORG, and i'd love to see MGO get together with them for an event.
    Funny you should mention it. There was a representative from the Appleseed Project at the BoD meeting last Friday night to explain the program and answer questions about how MGO can get involved.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by intheburbs
    Some of the most successful/fastest-growing Appleseed states are states like California, New York and Illinois. They also happen to be the big population centers.

I think it reflects the desire by residents of those states to have more opportunities to use/practice with their firearms.

As a former NY-er, born and raised on Long Island, I can see and understand why there'd be a pent-up demand for something like Applseed.

HERE'S a link with more info about the Appleseed 300. Impressive picture of the shooting line.
    That definitely makes sense. See, because of my own hatred for those states, i forget that there are actual humans(non-politicians) that live in them. Thanks for pointing that out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by shurhouse
    Funny you should mention it. There was a representative from the Appleseed Project at the BoD meeting last Friday night to explain the program and answer questions about how MGO can get involved.
    Good to hear.

MGO Board of Directors

Moved from "General" forum to the new "Appleseed Project" forum!

- Admin

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    But i sure don't understand why they would hold an event that will be remembered for years, in one of the most 'anti' states in the country. Screw Illinois.
    IMHO, that's exactly where they should be holding events...in the states where the most change is needed and the Second has been the most perverted and infringed.

Maybe "breaking the ice" so to speak in IL will wake people up, get them more involved. Perhaps even get a state lawmaker or two or three to change the way they vote, or at least start thinking about catering to the pro-2A voters.

I am excited about the event...I hope they crush the record! If it wasn't the same weekend as the Woods-n-Water show I would be there to help.
    Last edited by johnzilla; 08-28-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    My LinkedIn Profile
    ALWAYS interested in left-handed rifles and shotguns. BUY/TRADE - PM me
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. - Michigan Constitution, Article I, § 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast