Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gun Rights Group Needs Your Help!!

Ok gang, here's a chance to put legs on your beliefs and help out Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

As many of you may know, Senate Bill 747 will remove college classrooms and dorms from the list of pistol free zones in Michigan.

SCCC Michigan is organizing a letter-writing campaign to support SB 747 from today, September 27th to October 1st. The goal of the campaign is to show Senators how many people really do support SCCC and SB 747. In addition to the 6 active campuses in Michigan, all of the major 2nd Amendment groups in the state - including MI Open Carry, SAFR, MCRGO - will be participating in the campaign as well. I ask that you do the same, if possible. Together, we can send hundreds of emails to the desk of each involved Senator. State Representatives, who represent roughly 1/4 as many constituents as State Senators, have told me that as few as 30 emails will cause them to take serious notice of where their constituents stand.

Please check out our SB 747 page at http://concealedcampus.org/stateinfo...name=Michigan; this contains all the information you'll need on the bill, including contact information for each Senator. It's most important to contact the bill's sponsor, Randy Richardville, and the Republican Senators of the Judicial committee, (only Republicans provide direct email address, allowing you to quickly send an email to each senator.) Why? These are the Senators that need to be convinced that they should call a vote on the bill; most of the Democrats didn't even bother to show up to the bill's hearing. As I mentioned, the Republicans are easier to contact and will give you more bang for your time.

The ideal email will be addressed to the Senator by name, mention at least one reason for supporting SB 747, and mention SCCC as well.

Please spread the word to all of your like-minded friends and associates. As I've mentioned, you can direct your friends to http://concealedcampus.org/stateinfo...&name=Michigan, where they'll find all of the information on both the bill and our campaign. A successful campaign will go a long way towards establishing SCCC's credibility in this and future legislative sessions, which will make it easier for us to support SB 747 and any subsequent campus carry bills.

Please consider participating. If you have any questions, let me know. As always, thank you for your support.

Here are direct links to the emails you need:

Sen. Randy Richardville - senrichardville@senate.michigan.gov

Sen. Wayne Kuipers (Chair - R) senwkuipers@senate.michigan.gov

Sen. Alan Cropsey (Vice Chair - R) senacropsey@senate.michigan.gov

Sen. Alan Sanborn (R) senasanborn@senate.michigan.gov

Sen. Bruce Patterson (R) senbpatterson@senate.michigan.gov

Sen. Tony Stamas (R) Click Here

And then it would be great if you would send a similar email to YOUR state senator as well. Find your Senator HERE

If you need any help at all you can find some arguments to support our position on the page I linked to, or you can contact me.
    Thanks again for being willing to help!

Sent.

Good work, Will I B Ready.

I am a Forum User
    No problem Tom Fineis.

Banned
    I'll do this but the links in the body of the post lead to nowhere and I'd really like to review some of the arguments.

Could you please address that?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-IB-Ready
    No problem Tom Fineis.
    I don't throw people's real names around online unless I know they're cool with it. Just trying to save you from the black helicopters is all....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    I'll do this but the links in the body of the post lead to nowhere and I'd really like to review some of the arguments.

Could you please address that?
    Sorry JC, but all links work and have since posting. Must be something on your end. But it's an easy fix. Just go to the link in my sig line, the address is concealedcampus.com, and then go to State by State, click on Michigan, and click pending legislation.

Here it is again:

http://concealedcampus.org/stateinfo...&name=Michigan

Good luck!

I am a Forum User
    Sent emails to them all from my WMICH.edu email account.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelptwan
    Sent emails to them all from my WMICH.edu email account.
    Great job!

Keep it up guys, it only takes a minute to be a part of the solution...

I am a Forum User
    I sent out a email to the folks you listed along with Gary Peters, but he's a tool.

ETA: Senator Jacobs also.
    Last edited by hopeitsfast; 09-29-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast