Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

What have you done for firearms ownership today?

There is always a lot of banter on here about what the org is doing right or what it's doing wrong. What it should do, what it shouldn't be doing, who should be leading, who shouldn't be leading.

The simple fact is, MGO is structured as a grass roots organization. It's members are what make or break it.

MGO's mission statement:

"Michigan Gun Owners is a not-for-profit grass roots organization committed to educating the public on safe responsible gun ownership and preserving and defending the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Article I, section 6 of Michigan’s Constitution."

So, what have YOU done today to help safe and responsible gun ownership? If you can't answer that question, perhaps you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

I am a Forum User
    Here Here!

To kick it off:

I am fortunate enough to interact with firearm owners every day. I also participate as an instructor (some of it paid, some of it volunteer) to increase gun owners skill levels.

Today, I had a good conversation with a guy in Indiana who was hesitant to obtain his concealed carry permit. He had some pretty common reasons why he was nervous, and I was able to discuss some of the pros, the ways to go about it, and the steps to take after receiving his permit. He had already ordered items from us, so it wasn't a sales pitch by any means. At the end of the call, he seemed much more comfortable with the idea and said he would be signing up for a local class as soon as he could.

What say you?

I am a Forum User
    I got new sites and went to the range. Does that count?

Banned
    Being religious a lot of times people don't think that it's appropriate for me to own weapons.

I often talk about shooting because our congregation has a fair amount of men who like to hunt and a number who have C.P.L.'s. We had a men's get together where we went to the range etc... needless to say, that gets me into a good deal of conversations.

I tend to talk with folks about weapons and their utilitarian purposes on a regular basis and have taken, with a friend from the congregation, a number of women out shooting so that they might get a feel for what it is to fire a weapon. I've also schooled my family on proper handling and have taken my nephew out shooting.

I hunt, I talk, I shoot, and I will soon be a C.P.L. holder. That's my contribution. I've also mentioned MGO on a number of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Sure, furthering your own skills/preparedness is always a good thing.

Banned Forum User
    I emailed my boss' wife and FIL information on handgun classes. She just turned in her paperwork for CPL but has minial shooting experience. The FIL just needs some coaching drawing, etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    It's actually sights*

You got new sights.

... jus sayin'

I am a Forum User
    Not today, but I'll be taking my cousin out to the range next Tuesday to help her get a gun. She just got a carry permit (helped with that, too) and wants a gun for home defense, and possibly daily carry. Going to have her try a few platforms out, see which she likes and go from there. With any luck I'll also managed to get my other cousin out there as well. She's 13, and while she hasn't shot a gun before really wants to. I'm hoping she can get out of school (due to election day) or come out after school. Already been teaching her about gun safety and what to do if she finds a gun laying around.

Hopefully that counts, otherwise I'll just post it again on Tuesday

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    It's actually sights*

You got new sights.

... jus sayin'
    Correct you are.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast