Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I bought another Glock....does that count?

I taught my Grandson firearms safety and made it very clear that he is now a leader in the family at the ripe old age of 12! He busted the cherry on my new MGO AR15 last weekend and dropped over 700+ rounds through it.
    But that was last week so I guess I should do something this week to make my post viable.

I am a Forum User
    I finished up a Kydex holster today for my buddys wife.
    It's my gift to her as she just got her CPL last week.

I am a Forum User
    Educated someone on OCing when a guy thought that I was a cop

I am a Forum User
    I spread the glorious word of the 10mm Auto each and every day.

I am a Forum User
    I have actually helped edumacate my department regarding firearms and firearm laws and several other people in Public Safety that are heavily misinformed.

And I help by keeping fellow MGO'ers entertained throughout the night

I am a Forum User
    Though this is techically yesterday that I did this, I work midnights, and is thus still 'today' for me...

I OC'd while picking up a new firearm bought from a Forum Member. He asked me how it was to OC in Michigan, stating that he's only done it out in Wyoming. I told him that it's really not bad, and he said he'd give it a shot.

So education and purchasing a new firearm I guess. I also gave some thought as to how the hell I'm going to incorporate the new MSP Legal Update into the Open Carry Guide Project.

I am a Forum User
    I wrote this for our newsletter the other day:

MGO Letter Writing Campaign

Hello MGO members,

As well you know, a lot of us pro 2nd amendment activist spend a lot of time, money, and resources writing, mailing, and emailing our public officials in an effort to make our voices heard. More often than not our letters are either filed in the trash can, or you receive the obligatory "Thank you for writing, this issue is of great concern to me"...... (but I'm still not going to actually do anything about it) form letter. Our elected officials are too busy making inane policy to actually listen to their constituents... But I digress.

In an effort to help focus our ideas and to make our voices a little bit louder, I have taken the initiative to put together a letter writing campaign for Michigan Gun Owners. So far I have only had time to compose one letter, but I look forward to writing many more in the days to come with the help of our membership.

The first letter I have written regarding pistol free zones, as well as information regarding how to find and contact your rep, is at the top of the general firearm discussion forum. I encourage everyone to take the time to either send it via email or traditional mail. Ultimately the only thing that is going to force them to protect our rights, is to hit them where it hurts their career the most - the voting booth. The hope is that if our politicians receive enough pressure from us, they will become aware of the fact that we are watching how they choose to either protect or disregard our 2nd amendment rights.

I would also like to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I am more than open to suggestions for topics to compose letters on. Also if anyone has some letters that they have written to their rep recently that concerns them, and would like for us to pass it along to the membership, please feel free to share. I am often loaded down with work at the office, and do not get to write as often as I would like to and some help from the membership would be appreciated. I can be contacted any time at jsxtreme2003@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your time,

Justin Williams

I am a Forum User
    I work as the SW Coordinator for Michigan Open Carry and on a daily basis I educate someone about some area of Law regarding carry.

I also monitor local issues where local govt attempts to restrict RTKBA and then work to put a stop to such efforts. Once such effort currently involves my Gun Club. Coloma Rod and Gun Club of which I am also the webmaster.

I am a Forum User
    I brought several people that had never shot a gun before to one of the fun shoots earlier this year. Since then over half of them have developed an interest in shooting and have bought guns of their own.

I started shooting an IDPA practice league and have now introduced several other people to the sport.

Whenever I meet people that are anti-gun or have a interest in guns I offer to take them to the range to try it. Only a handful of people have taken me up on the offer but their experiences were positive.

I do what I can in writing the powers that be in Government to let them know my stance on the issues.

It may not appear to be a lot but I do what I can.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast