Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I printed and distributed a dozen of the MSP Legal Update #86 to friends, family and coworkers.

I sieze every opportunity to share stories of citizens defending themselves or others against an assault. At the same time, I point out the problems with CEZs and why they should be eliminated.

I make it a point to have my wife read the "Armed Citizen" stories that are published in the American Rifleman every month. The stories are a reinforcement for the reasons why she needs to remain diligent in her situational awareness, at all times. The stories are effective, she has asked more than once, "Where can we hide a gun in ths room?". Good Lord, I love that lady!

Good topic Tom, thanks for starting it.
    If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Account Closed Forum User
    I took my sister to the range and after much deliberation, I got her to fire her VERY FIRST round ever! I also frequently go to the range and "teach" (to the best of my ability) my girlfriend how to shoot, mainly light recoiling rifles, but she does shoot an occasional handgun too. Also, since I have owned guns, I have gotten my dad to start shooting occasionally too. He is an LEO, and I wish he would practice more.

Account Closed Forum User
    Some of the Harding's Grocery Stores in the areas have people cart your groceries to your car for you. Had my trunk full of targets. Struck up a small conversation about shooting and told him how fun AR15-type rifles are.

I am a Forum User
    Great topic.
    While I haven't done anything today specifically, I welcome the challenge and will make it a point to.

I am a Forum User
    I reviewed and posted a new Michigan Attorney General Opinion dealing with limitations on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I have posted it to MGO, MOC, and OCDO. In addition, I have contacted GOA, NRA, and MCRGO about it.

The following is the thread here in MGO:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=110101

Not every day do I do such things, but as the opportunity arises I encourage others to provide for their fundamental right of self-protection with a firearm, to provide for their family by hunting, and to stay on top of our rights to ensure they do not slip away any further. This is well received by most people, some of which are very close to firearm ownership after working with them for multiple years.

I am a Forum User
    I carry everyday. Help at my club whenever I can promoting CC, especially for women.

I am a Forum User
    Wow, lot's of people don't grasp the word "Today".

Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Wow, lot's of people don't grasp the word "Today".
    In the way it was used by the OP, I interpreted it to mean the present or very recent past.

I am a Forum User
    Interesting thread.. here are my deeds with gun ownership, not today , but thru the last two months:

1. Invited coworkers for a range outing at WSC.. Did some shotgun shooting and a pistol shooting. Two of them were anti-guns and weere very skeptical.. After the session, everybody had fun and these two individuals specifically told me that they changed their perspective about guns, and that if they didn't know me very well and trust me and my judgement, they wouldn't even have come to the shooting outing.. So part of what we do is also to convey confidence in our behavior to establish credibility and respect, so people would accept our advice about guns ownership.

2. On of these friends actually asked me for a recommendation for one and only one hand gun ... He now is a happy owner of a Glock 22

3. I teach my kids gun safety and I am religious about that.. Hopefully one day they will have their own kids and keep the tradition alive.

4. i promote gun safety within my social circle and emphasize the topic whenever I have a chance.

I am a Forum User
    I wrote a letter to the Livonia PD Chief regarding their 2 day wait period for a PP. Hopefully it gets some results. After waiting 2 days for each permit tha was enough to tell me theyare making people wait for no lawful reason.

I have taken my wife and kids to the range for their first shooting esperiences. My wife wants more guns now and my son can't wait to be old enough to won his own gun (14yo). I have a nice S&W revolver my dad handed down to me I will pass to him when he is old enough on the condition he keeps it himself.

The wife and I are going to take CPL class soon, probably after X-mas is over.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast