Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Wow, lot's of people don't grasp the word "Today".
    Who does something everyday?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    So, what have YOU done today to help safe and responsible gun ownership? If you can't answer that question, perhaps you are part of the problem, and not part of the solution.
    I am fortunate enough to interact with firearm owners every day. I also participate as an instructor (some of it paid, some of it volunteer) to increase gun owners skill levels.

Today, I had a good conversation with a guy in Indiana who was hesitant to obtain his concealed carry permit. He had some pretty common reasons why he was nervous, and I was able to discuss some of the pros, the ways to go about it, and the steps to take after receiving his permit. He had already ordered items from us, so it wasn't a sales pitch by any means. At the end of the call, he seemed much more comfortable with the idea and said he would be signing up for a local class as soon as he could.

What say you?
    Does that seem to mean,' what are your life long contributions to the RKBA'?

Quote Originally Posted by JCisHe
    I'm glad you posted this.

It's no secret you are very religious and proud of that fact. This is only an assumption, but I would assume you do something every day to spread your beliefs, or live your life the way your church/God/Bible/etc asks you to. It's a commitment I would be willing to bet you are quite strict on. The members here know this, because you even write your thoughts to us on these topics.

I may not go to church every week, or spread whichever religion I may believe, but I take gun ownership in much the same way. I do not hide the fact that I own and enjoy guns. I am vocal about my beliefs, and try to make it a point to do something every day to help gun ownership as a whole.

They say you can't be a Christian only on Sundays, and I believe gun ownership is much the same.

If you didn't do something today to help gun owners, why not? United we stand.

I was very careful in the way I worded my original post for this very reason. Get involved. Do something every day.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis
    I'm glad you posted this.

It's no secret you are very religious and proud of that fact. This is only an assumption, but I would assume you do something every day to spread your beliefs, or live your life the way your church/God/Bible/etc asks you to. It's a commitment I would be willing to bet you are quite strict on. The members here know this, because you even write your thoughts to us on these topics.

I may not go to church every week, or spread whichever religion I may believe, but I take gun ownership in much the same way. I do not hide the fact that I own and enjoy guns. I am vocal about my beliefs, and try to make it a point to do something every day to help gun ownership as a whole.

They say you can't be a Christian only on Sundays, and I believe gun ownership is much the same.

If you didn't do something today to help gun owners, why not? United we stand.

I was very careful in the way I worded my original post for this very reason. Get involved. Do something every day.
    Well Said

I am a Forum User
    Took a few moments today to research all candidates on my ballot for next Tuesday. While I vote based on more then gun rights alone, 2A beliefs are a major part of my life and I do vote as such.

I helped out at the local FOP range today by staking down the rifle range markers that cops just cant help moving around. When they zero their rifles at 100yrds, its nice to know its 300ft, not 320' or 290'. The 200yrd marker also floats around mysteriously, so it got a stake also. Me and my Son pulled a 300ft tape in the wind yesterday, and staked it out, that was fun I've built numerous steel reactive targets for the range over the years, and the Officers really enjoy shooting steel! Way less boring than shooting paper. Making Cops better shots is a big plus to the Community, if they enjoy shooting, and practice more, we all benifit. I can't believe how many cops aren't gun guys, and just treat it as a part of the job, that they would rather not deal with.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeitsfast
    Wow, lot's of people don't grasp the word "Today".
    Just not able to do firearms related things every day. Hey, I am here today, spoke with a friend about *issues* that we agree on. I believe that I did say that I carry EVERY day.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tote'ngranny
    Just not able to do firearms related things every day. Hey, I am here today, spoke with a friend about *issues* that we agree on. I believe that I did say that I carry EVERY day.
    Most of us can't. Tom and certain others, whether by being in the industry, or some other reason, are fortunate in that regard. I just posted that comment because it looked like folks were starting to give a history report, which i didn't read in the OP.

Well, I tell you today was an event for the ages.
    All I hear when my wife's girlfriends are over is "guns, guns, guns" "is that all you men think about?"
    I made the comment that it was better than listening to gossip and that they should try it once.
    Well they held me to that idea and today I took my wife and four of her girlfriends out to a friend of mine's farm and had an improvised Handgun Safety Class as well as a Learn to shoot course.
    All in all it went very well. Everyone had a great time, Ladies learned a new appreciation of firearms and their purpose and enjoyed shooting for the very first time.
    My Wife still says I should put "Silencers on all my pistols" or they should make ear protection that won't mess up her hair!!!
    Now it's time to go purchase some more 40 caliber ammo since they shot the 1,000 rds that I had!!

Well, since you asked, I do my best every day here and on other forums to help answer firearm and reloading questions of newbies and more experienced people.

I've also been known to help little old ladies across the street, but that doesn't count.
    Lighten up Francis.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast