Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Story

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard000003
    I had a friend (in National Guard) routinely carry his M&P 9mm with him back and forth to the the range (Duncans) and clean it in SVSU's and Delta's parking lot in-between classes. He had the police show up many times, but they did not do anything outside of verbally harass him. I'm not sure if why the officer's did not invoke the handbook rules (yes they do have a policy about no guns/knives on campus at SVSU).
    When I talked to a couple officers at one of the tail gates they said they enforce the Michigan law not the University handbook on the matter.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OX SMASH!!
    ive never got the whole pepper spray thing, no matter how strong or not strong you are, a quick strike with the palm of your hand to the nose of an attacker can make their eyes well up just as reliably as pepper spray, getting you enough time to get away, and they will also have two beautiful black eyes to show off for their next parole hearing
    I dont get the pepper spray thing either. I have had tear gas a few times and it is --------. I cant even think of a good word to describe it-stifling perhaps. The nose thing would hurt, but tear gas just keeps on burning till you rub it, then it really kicks in..

Try it and perhaps you will better understand it-pepper.

I am a
    Not Having enough Tactical Experience myself I agree that you should at least have the chance to defend yourself. It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I am a Forum User
    good point!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    I dont get the pepper spray thing either. I have had tear gas a few times and it is --------. I cant even think of a good word to describe it-stifling perhaps. The nose thing would hurt, but tear gas just keeps on burning till you rub it, then it really kicks in..

Try it and perhaps you will better understand it-pepper.
    Tear gas is not pepper spray.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceOddity View Post
    It IS stupid. If you don't want to break the law, what are other options?

I've always figured you could carry a big ass canister of bear spray or OC spray. If they have no experience with it, they're going to have a hard time carrying on the massacre once you hosed them down (even if you died in the process).
    Some dean or VP of something will probably say that bear spray is not allowed.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Some dean or VP of something will probably say that bear spray is not allowed.
    I realize this is a dead thread risen from the grave, but I want to quote this statement and clarify: at least at MSU, there's already an ordinance that prohibits bear spray. They would consider it a "weapon" and "weapons" are banned. They consider everything a weapon from a multi-tool with a knife on it, to ORM-D small arms cartridges, to whatever they want to say is a weapon.

I am a Forum User
    Did anyone think to lock the door?

Did anyone think to grab the fire extinguisher? (Spray them in the face with the white foam, then beat the **** out of them with the big red canister?).

Did anyone have a knife?

Did anyone take a leadership position and get people to act?

I an NOT criticizing...but there is an impetus to act, and a necessity to look at every one of the rooms you enter and identify potential weapons and objects that will lock/block/barricade the door.

It is not "your" responsibility to protect the sheep, it is your responsibility to survive...and often the by-product of your own survival will be the survival of those around you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12