Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibassman
    I tried the patch puller already. It just can't grab the bristles of the brush well enough. Even though it's a 50 caliber, he should have been using a 45 caliber brush because it is a tight 50.
    So if your desperate try a primitive Pete on it and take some old stiff coat hanger straighten it out and put a small bend/hook on the end with some pliers shove it in there get past the brush and try to drag it up that way ...... could scratch the barrel maybe? But if your desperate it might work or use some similar design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider
    So if your desperate try a primitive Pete on it and take some old stiff coat hanger straighten it out and put a small bend/hook on the end with some pliers shove it in there get past the brush and try to drag it up that way ...... could scratch the barrel maybe? But if your desperate it might work or use some similar design.

Yup! That's what I used but I hammered the end flat and made a small hook on it, poured a little hot soapy water down first and it came out without any effort. That gun now hangs over the fireplace in Mio.

I am a Forum User
    Use some type of tube or sleve to push down the barrel and over the brush, then pull it out. You may have to push against the back of the barrel to force the brush into the tube.

I've not tried this but in theory it could work.

I am a Forum User
    I'm consulting some experts on this, so stay tuned.

I am a Forum User
    I would take a section of thin-wall tubing that fits down the bore and force it over the bristles. then pull out the whole works...
    Here's what I got. Same idea as miked!

I am a Forum User
    Their is a corkscrew style bullet puller that would most likely hook it and pull it out.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by msbcomputer
    Their is a corkscrew style bullet puller that would most likely hook it and pull it out.

that was brought up in posts #7 and #8....

I am a Forum User

Not sure how safe this crazy idea is,

But here it goes. WARNING!!! Proceed at your own risk. Seal the end where the cap goes, assuming the brush is copper pour some ammonia or nitro solvent I think it supposed to disolve copper but shouldn't harm the gun steel, not sure how fast it works, probably have to let it sit a day or two and see if it disolves the bristels, and may need to reapply additional solvent.
    Last edited by il Padrino; 11-08-2010 at 04:25 PM.

I am a Forum User

Blast it out

Pull the nipple, insert a few grains of powder and pop a cap. May take a few, or more than a few applications. MAKE SURE MUZZLE IS POINTED IN SAFE DIRECTION. Fire into an old blanket or similar object to prevent ricochet.

I am a Forum User
    I'm not sure this last suggestion, or similar, would do the job, since it would be tough to get enough pressure built up to blow the brush outta there, especially with such a small charge.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast