Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Here is a procedure that has worked for a similar problem, try it at your own risk.
    Remove the nipple, put a charge of powder in through the hole, replace nipple, put on a cap, and fire in a safe direction.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41
    Here is a procedure that has worked for a similar problem, try it at your own risk.
    Remove the nipple, put a charge of powder in through the hole, replace nipple, put on a cap, and fire in a safe direction.
    I have done this on occasion, after ramming down a patched ball without having first measured and poured down a powder charge, known as a dry ball.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider
    Try to hook it with a patch puller.
    +1

I am a Forum User

Has worked for me..

"...Remove the nipple, put a charge of powder in through the hole, replace nipple, put on a cap, and fire in a safe direction."

This has worked for me on a number of unfortunate situations..Joepistol..

Find a spent .270 or 30-06 case.
    Cut the case off at the shoulder.
    Use a pair of needle nose pliers as a forcing wedge and bell the open end of the case a little
    Find a nail and a rock, punch the primer out.
    Find a length of strong string and feed it through the primer hole.
    Tie a large knot in the end of the string, and pull it into the case so the string extends from the base of the case.
    Drop the case open-end first into the barrel with the string extending out the muzzle.
    Use the ram rod to drive the case over the brush.
    Use the string to pull the case (with the brush) back out.

I have done this on the range with nothing else but what I could scrounge and the Leatherman on my belt.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    With a handle like Roundballer, I think this suggestion carries more weight...LOL

I am a Forum User
    Take the barrel apart. That's why TC barrrels are threaded. I'll loan you my TC wrench if you need it.

buy a cheap drain snake

open the spring on the end of the drain snake( the whole snake is flex) so it will turn and catch the brush wire and insert it in the barrel and turn it easy and then pick up the snake slowly to remove the brush. the snake spring will catch the wire and hold it to remove it. keep trying till you retrieve the brush...good luck
    NRA Life Member. hunt with your KIDS, not for them!
    Retired and ready to spend the rest of life hunting and fishing..

I am a Forum User

Spent Case Method

Roundballer, That is a great idea for removing a brush. I will add that one to my mental toolbox.
    Thanks,
    Mike

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2571
    Take the barrel apart. That's why TC barrrels are threaded. I'll loan you my TC wrench if you need it.
    We have a winner here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just read this thread and I thinking why has no one suggested simply removing the breach plug and pushing the brush out the back?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast