Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&K P30 Pistol

Nice review Steve........Mal, I would Love to see some pics of that G23

I am a Forum User
    Looks pretty much the same as any other Glock on the outside. Has a custom fit Ghost Tactical trigger and better springs installed by a certified Glock armorerer, Trijicon Night sights, and Talon Glock Grips (Best grips hands down for a Glock imo).

I still plan on adding a custom backplate with the Glock logo on it and maybe a Vicker's Extended Magazine release. Possibly even a Glock 'smooth' match trigger as well, but I haven't decided that yet.

That's the one reason I like my Glock, is the complete customization it provides. "There are many like it, but this one is mine" mentality.

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    I've never owned an HK. I have owned Sigs, many of them. Over the years I've sold them all off because I have found that the first shot in DA has a stiff trigger pull (8 to 10 lbs) and that my accuracy was always off, way off. I have found this to be true with every DA external hammer fired gun (auto or revolver). I now carry and shoot almost only striker fired guns. Is this the case with the HK? What's the DA trigger pull and your experience with it?

Great review!

Thanks

I am a Forum User
    I had gone into the gun shop to buy one until the salesman asked me if I had held the P30. He gave me the gun and it immediately felt like someone had shaped the gun specifically to my hand.
    Don't own one yet, but I held one at the store, and wow I felt the same way, it just feels so natural in my hand. My buddy just bought one because he felt the same thing, he was looking at a USP, but then I mentioned the p30 because of my experience with holding it, he bought it on the spot, it's really a great gun.

I am a Forum User
    Great review! I concur.

I am a Forum User
    Batman, the DA pull of the V3 trigger is around 8-10 pounds. The beauty though is that you can get the gun in a variety of different trigger configurations. V2 will give you a standard DA only (LEM trigger) that is a bit lighter and smoother than a traditional double action gun. There are also V1 guns that have a significantly lighter DA only, in the 5-6 pound range. You could even have a V3 trigger lightened by a competent gunsmith.

I am a Forum User
    Great Review, I wouldnt get rid of mine for anything I love the weapon and havent found anything that is as comfortable, reliable, accurate and just a plain pleasure to carry and shoot with. You get what you pay for with this one, to me a true Mona Lisa

I am a Forum User
    I ended up buying one after reading the Pistol Training torture test. I got it used with 6 mags for a price i couldnt pass up. glad i did as i really like shooting it, awesome ergonomics and real smooth. id be interested in trying a light trigger LEM kit because ive heard good things about that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity
    Good to know.

Oh! One other thing I need to ask:

Is the safety ambidextrous? From the picture, I can see there's not one on each side, but maybe you can flip it over? Or does this model not have a safety?
    mine does have ambi mag release and slide stop, no safety though. i have seen some with left side or ambi safety as well though

as mentioned before size is very similar, the grip on the p30 is slightly longer which could be why it feels so nice

Your review is right on accurate. I had a P30 for a couple of years and the only down-side to it was its size and comfort for carry. Hence, I recently replaced it with a Smith & Wesson M&P9c. The P30 was not comfortable enough for me to carry every day which negated all other quality factors for me. So far, I really like my new firearm and carry it every day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast