Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Concealed Weapons on Campus - The Concept of Armed Students

[youtube]L-iFnNDRLqg[/youtube]

I am a Forum User
    Good video. Well spoken facts, they should show this in every classroom.

I am a Forum User
    I thought this was really well done.

I am graduating college with my undergraduate degree this week, but the issue of concealed carry on campus has always been an interesting one for me. It is a very important issue, and I believe also an important step if we are to eventually try to eliminate PFZ's in general.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...ighlight=video

This is the original, why wasn't it made a sticky? just wondering how that decision is made.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dramey82
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...ighlight=video

This is the original, why wasn't it made a sticky? just wondering how that decision is made.
    The video is a sticky here.
    I decided to leave the discussion thread in the Concealed Carry forum, but make the video a sticky in this sub-forum, because it is such a great piece, and will be a benefit to people looking for information about firearms on college campuses.

I am a Forum User
    Great video!

Great video, but I do have some honest criticism. The University chosen for this video was probably not the best choice many things stay pretty calm around Grand Valley University. A better choice would be Wayne State University, which in my personal opinion is located in the worse possible area for college students.

December 2011 Crime Statistics
    CRIME DECEMBER 2011 YEAR TO DATE
    Homicide 0 0
    Forcible Sex Offense 0 2
    Non Forcible Sex 0 0
    Robbery 3 26
    Aggravated Assault 1 4
    Burglary 1 18
    Larceny 15 240
    Motor Vehicle Theft 4 54
    Arson 1 2

Just a week ago there was a bomb threat and this was the email I received.
    Important message from Wayne State University:

Wayne State Police received a threat this afternoon concerning State Hall. While the police determine the seriousness of the threat, they will be taking necessary precautions. We will provide updates on Wayne.edu as we receive more information.
    Not to totally bash on Wayne State University there are things they are doing to TRY to make it safer (Motor Vehicle Theft), but thats something that will remain hard to do since everything around the University pretty much went to s**t.

Next FREE VIN Etching Session Scheduled:

The next WSUPD sponsored FREE VIN ETCHING SESSION will be on THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2012 from 1:00pm TO 5:00pm at the WSUPD garage, located at 6050 Cass Avenue, at Burroughs, two blocks north of the Ford Freeway. Please enter via our north (Burroughs - between Woodward and Cass) overhead door.

Not familiar with VIN Etching?

Using a mild acid paste and computer cut stencils, VIN Etching consists of cleanly, professionally, permanently and discreetly etching your car or truck Vehicle Identification Number on six of your vehicles windows (front, back and four side windows). This chemical etching of the VIN onto the windows of your car, effectively discourages thieves from taking your vehicle. How? Chop shop rings thrive on vehicles that have easily removable VIN plates or no visible VIN number etched on them at all.

Why Is It Effective?

Once a car thief sees that your car is etched, they realize that each VIN etched window will have to be replaced (to match the bogus VIN plate they have installed on your "re-tagged" car) which is very cost prohibitive as they have no insurance to cover this hefty expense. VIN Etching is endorsed by the Michigan Auto Theft Prevention Authority and many auto insurance companies because it is a proven deterrent to auto theft and can aid in the recovery and positive identification of your car.

What's In It For You?

This service is a proven benefit to anyone who is looking to deter the theft of their vehicle. As an added bonus, you will be provided with a "Certificate on VIN Etching" which, when presented to most auto insurance companies, will qualify you for up to a 5% discount on the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance. Check with your auto insurance agent to see if you qualify.

Now thats a University that needs to allow their students to conceal carry.

I am a Forum User
    I'm completely for this, however any time I have mentioned it to somebody at my current college, it gets brushed off as a ridiculous idea.