Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSG 1911

Quote Originally Posted by rjrivero
    I may pick one up as a host for my next .22 Suppressor........the Stainless Steel Sparrow from Silencerco.

They should be shipping by the end of the month, and I should have it at my Class III by mid to end January. Then the ATF wait begins again!
    Damn Ohioans!
    "Golf is a good walk spoiled" - Mark Twain

I am a Forum User
    No fair flaunting the fact those lucky people in OH can own suppressors!
    Does look like a decent gun. Great review. Thanks

Nice review. I have been wondering about these. I hear bad things about the Chiappa. Did you see the new M&P22 that was recently released?

w w w.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/12/20/sw-mp22-22-pistol

I am a Forum User
    If you do buy one of these, get ready to have to get a paint job done in less than a year. The finish literally fell off my gun after a range run 2 weeks ago. When I started to shoot there was finish on it... After there was bare metal under the trigger guard. Called ati and they told me to go buy alumahyde black and re finish it myself. This is after my buffer melted, and my bushing cracked. Less than 2k total rounds through it and on problem 3 already

I am a Forum User
    I have probably 3000 rounds through mine... It jams occasionally with the hollow point bulk packed rounds, but I haven't had a single jam with cci. It is fun to set out some clay pigeons and step back to ~40 yards and see how long it takes to shoot them. I enjoy shooting this gun more than any other I own. The occasional jam is no big deal to me, as it is just a little plinker. I would recommend it to anyone who wanted a fun range gun!

The jams I encounter most often is the nose of the round catching above the chamber.

Now just to buy more mags!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by suitslinger
    If you do buy one of these, get ready to have to get a paint job done in less than a year. The finish literally fell off my gun after a range run 2 weeks ago. When I started to shoot there was finish on it... After there was bare metal under the trigger guard. Called ati and they told me to go buy alumahyde black and re finish it myself. This is after my buffer melted, and my bushing cracked. Less than 2k total rounds through it and on problem 3 already

Yea I agree, my finish is pretty well trashed, however the gun still shoots great and it is way cheaper than shooting .45. For $300'ish, and closing in on 10,000+ rounds, I still love that gun. Oh... and I use it to practice drawing from my holsters, so it has probably 2,000 to 3,000+ draws on it. It almost looks like polished Aluminum now.

I am a Forum User
    Or I coulda kept my ruger, used the 300 for a pos 1911 and been happier

To each their own, but when the manufacturer blithely says oh well the finish sucks deal with it..... Sorry not my bag. Let me know if ya need another to get to polished finish... I might have a deal for ya

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by suitslinger
    ... I might have a deal for ya

I live very close to you (Macomb), so PM me if you want to sell it.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the thorough review. Every where I turn these seem to be getting thumbs up reviews. Finally made the jump when Palmetto State Armory went to $299 price tag. I see this and my other .22's getting lots of play time this summer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123