Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Springfield XD-M 3.8 9mm Review

SPRINGFIELD XR-M 3.8 9MM

I was looking to purchase a new handgun and wanted to go with a 9mm to be my main range gun. I also own a Glock 27(.40 cal Sub Compact) and ammo prices were killing me so I decided to go with a 9mm. After spending over an hour looking and gripping about 7 different guns, I decided to go with the Springfield. The gun comes with 2 mags, mag pouch, paddle holster, speedloader, lock, cleaning brush, and the other 2 different sized backstraps.

I believe this would be considered a "compact" pistol. The barrel is 3.75 inches and the overall length of the rail is about an inch longer than my sub compact Glock. The real size difference comes in play with the grip. The grip circumfrence is actually smaller than my Glock and thats using the "medium" sized backstrap that came attached from the factory. Those with smaller hands will love this gun. The grip is about 2 inches longer on the XD-M but thats the price you pay for a gun that has a 19 round mag capacity(yes, i said 19!!) The grip also uses there new "Mega Lock" texture which just feels great and really minimizes the movement of the gun in your hand after each shot.

The gun basically employs a 2 safety approach. The safe action trigger style like the Glock and there is also a safety button on the part of the grip where the webbing between your thumb and fore finger hold the grip. The sights are steel Dovetail front and rear 3-dot. The XD-M also has a ambidexterous magazine release. The bottom front of the rail has 3 crossbars(I guess you could call them that) that will make it great for adding an accessory like a tactical light or laser and being able to place it exactly where you want it on the rail. I have only owned this gun for 2 days now and I just can't think of a con except that it wasn't free....lol

Overall, I love this gun. I have always considered myself a Glock homer and never thought I would find another manufacturer that could produce a gun I love as much. I took it to the range today and fired my first 200 rounds thru it(Winchester 115 gr.) and was accurate with it from the first shot. There were no malfunctions at all(FTL, FTF, or FTE) and the recoil was real minimal. I bought this gun from Top Gun Shooting Sports in Taylor for $619.99. I could have went elseware and probably saved $30-$40 but when you buy a gun at TGSS for over $300, it comes included with a 3 month membership which includes unlimited range time. At range prices of $10 an hour or more depending where you go, I will more than get my moneys worth! The next pic is of my target at 21 feet(7yards). I'm not a professional shooter, but I think I did pretty well for it being my first time shooting this gun. The one shot that missed the black area happened when i blinked and got an eyelash in my eye as I was pulling the trigger....lol.
    Last edited by Morfeeus; 12-09-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Nice write up on the XDm 3.8 9mm....

Many dont like the XDm at all,but the gun shoots just as good as any others..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    if you bought it new from a store today, get your 3 free mags from springfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabears!
    if you bought it new from a store today, get your 3 free mags from springfield!
    +1 till the end of the year...
    http://www.springfieldpromo.com/
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal
    +1 till the end of the year...
    http://www.springfieldpromo.com/
    fo shizzle mah nizzle

fo shizzle mah nizzle
    I don't speak ebonics can you please translate this mess?

I am a Forum User
    if you have to ask you'll never know, and are probably better off not being able to translate it. I am pretty sure that is looked upon as joke ebonics by the ebonics speaking community anymore though.

if you have to ask you'll never know, and are probably better off not being able to translate it. I am pretty sure that is looked upon as joke ebonics by the ebonics speaking community anymore though.
    Ok guess I'm to old,

Back on topic.

I am a Forum User
    I meant it as a joke, I would never seriously speak like that.

I am a Forum User
    I meant it as a joke, I would never seriously speak like that.
    Don't lie you're from Clarkston..... you reppin' that Sashabaw set cuz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast