Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by snapshotdod
    NOTE* not trying to diss the gun.
    My question is this, what is the benefit of a subcompact with a full size grip?
    It's not considered a "subcompact". SA actually recently just came out with the "subcompact" model. It comes with 2 magazines. The compact mag has 13 round capacity. It also comes with a "extended" grip mag that has the usuall 19 round capacity. It's actually a pretty cool concept. Trying to CC? carry the 13 round short grip. Using for home prtection or OC? Use the 19 round full size grip mag. These are 9mm specs. They have only came out with the 9mm version of this weapon. If they do come out with a .40 cal version, I may just have to buy one although I do like my G27.

MGO Member
    thanks for the info, just checked out there site and saw it, makes sense, I just don't understand the shorter barrel on the full size, what the are the benefits of the 3.8 v 4 or 4.25 barrel. Im just wondering if that was found to be the optimal size or something is all. I guess the size isn't really the issue when its such a small difference, but how does it affect the balance.
    Last edited by snapshotdod; 12-26-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapshotdod
    NOTE* not trying to diss the gun.
    My question is this, what is the benefit of a subcompact with a full size grip? Is it merely a weight difference that your looking for with it, my reason for asking is just that it seems for CC the hardest part to conceal is the grip, so I just wonder what the reasoning is behind keeping it longer and why shorten the barrel then. Again, not trying to say the gun is a bad idea or anything, I honestly am just wondering, because I just got done reading the review for this gun in S.W.A.T and thought the same thing.
    Well the 3.8 was made to be a shorter barrel "commander" style XDm...

It's, I guess POU was for a shooter that wanted something little More compact then the full size 4.5... Some like it,some dont.. True the grip is the same as the 4.5 as there they same fram..Still not as hard to CC with the right gear..
    There is also from a marketing POV, having less round count might hurt the sales as well as the extra cost of making different mag's for the 3.8 if they shorten it..
    Beside the Subcompact was commming out,i guess SA was not wanting to take away from the XDm Sc..

*NOTE* not my SC wish though*...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Im guessing that the 3.8 was springfields way of trying to put out a subcompact xdm @ miniumal cost to them... I as well really didn't really understand the purpose of it... I believe the 3.8 is still a nice pistol but I think springfield really nailed it with the new subcompact XDM....

I am a Forum User
    the original XD Service was 4", so who knows if they just wanted to throw out a model with a 4" or so barrel. I like the looks of the 3.8 over the standard 4.5" barrel XDM. I like the compact, and will probably get one when they put them out in .40

MGO Member
    i guess i just assumed they made the xdm in 4in like the service model XD I used to have. So, it makes sense to me. Thanks for the info guys

I am a Forum User
    we have a xdm compact on the way ill let yall know how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Dabears!
    we have a xdm compact on the way ill let yall know how it feels
    Cool!
    Feels pretty good... Like the back strap choices, and you dont have to pull the trigger like the XD...
    the only thing is the small mag need a pinky plate...For me..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal
    Cool!
    Feels pretty good... Like the back strap choices, and you dont have to pull the trigger like the XD...
    the only thing is the small mag need a pinky plate...For me..
    pearce doesnt have a pinky ext for it yet =[

felt it and it felt AMAZING
    it lasted in the shop all 30 mins

I am a Forum User
    Here's the link for the XDm compact.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_1.html

Looking at getting one after the first of the year. Too late now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast