Quote Originally Posted by eflint49
I finally had the chance to shoot a glock yesterday, and I must say, I felt terribly let down. The Glock 22 looked like an over-sized plastic toy gun. It was ugly and felt very cheap. I was expecting to hear angels sing and have Jesus himself show up to pat me on the back as I aimed down the sights.

Overall, it felt like I was shooting an ugly toy version of my old S&W Sigma .40 (yet the Sigma's seem to have such a bad wrap).

So now I have to ask... why a glock? What makes them worthy of all the praise they receive? Am I not shooting the right one?
A friend of mine swears by glock and rightly so, glock is a well made firearm. IMO they have been around for so long that the novelty has worn off. The Gen 4 is interesting but those changes are all cosmetic. My said friend used other means at his disposal and gave his glock the RTF treatment years ago. I always counter his glock worship with a quip about getting glocks 4 for $1 like some type of fast food deal. Exempting the sigma (Yikes!) there are some very good alternatives XDM and M&P series come to mind. I own the latter and find it very sexy especially adorned with the crimson trace grip. Althought if the XDM had come out before i bought, I would be saying the same about that.