Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why a glock?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Best I could do (small-G26, medium-G19, medium-G30) . . .
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    after taking the glock armorers class i appreciate the simplicity and reliability of glocks even more. they are a very well engineered tool that are simple to work on and cheap to replace parts or the entire thing if needed. the triggers do take some getting used to if your familiar with a revolver or other da/sa trigger though.

I am a Forum User
    I carry a Glock because no one else makes a subcompact in 10mm. There are two types of Glock people. Those that love the looks and feel and those who hate it for those reasons. There is no middle ground here. We can compare other 1911's to one another with a good deal of accuracy but with the Glock there is comparison to another firearm. Regardless of all the polymer firearms out there, none have any similarities to the Glock other than the polymer. Once you get past that, it's apples to oranges.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD
    There are two types of Glock people. Those that love the looks and feel and those who hate it for those reasons.
    I neither love nor hate mine. The looks mean nothing to me. My reasons are strictly practical. Probably the same reason my local PD carries them. I wonder if any police armorer or police chief cares about looks.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    badriverbarber: A Glock is like a ugly Girl thats so good in bed you cant stop dating her.

That is a good one....... bout pissed myself!

I have some kel tec's but don't let my 1911 find out.

Like my gun like my girl, lookin nice and feelin good in my hand.... shiny 1911.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu
    I neither love nor hate mine. The looks mean nothing to me. My reasons are strictly practical. Probably the same reason my local PD carries them. I wonder if any police armorer or police chief cares about looks.
    Same here, I neither love nor hate the grip/feel. The looks are not too important to me. I do not own a Glock but have fired other's plenty.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by franny365
    i think a big part of why everyone likes them is the name. everyone wants to be cool and own a glock
    Owning a Glock is cool? Since when? No one ever told me it was cool.

Now owning a Colt or S&W wheel gun is cool

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robvas
    A really, really, really bad copy of a Glock.

Sigma is ten times more plasticky, the trigger sucks, sights.
    Being in a glass half full kinda mood:

maybe it's a really good copy of a hi point, with crappy trigger

Account Closed Forum User
    well since glocks came available in the US, and until about 6 months ago.... i hated them. i couldnt figure out why anyone would want one. i felt that no manual safety was ridiculous and inconceivable.

then i was in the market for a carry piece.

im 5'6" and about 150 so it had to be small, and i had pretty much just 2 criteria:

1) i only wanted .45 acp

2) i wanted it to shoot every single time i pulled the trigger.

so i got a g36, and will now own about 3 more glocks in the next year or 2. i absolutely love the gun, trigger is heavy yes, i have a lone wolf 3.5 lb connector but as of yet have not installed with it being a carry. i'll save it for the 21... my plinker

i will get a g21 very soon, then after my daughter gets a little more proficient with her cheap 9mm, i will get her a g19

after that i'd like a full size 10mm (even tho i swore against that caliber years ago)

now when i reach to my side..... my glock all soft and warm and a perfect fit in my hand...... it is super sexy

Account Closed Forum User
    Nitrous, a true convert.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast