Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Great Thread, I was wondering where the taurus 1911s fell in with the bunch. Very Informative

I am a Forum User
    I recently bought a 1911DT as my first 1911 (and first handgun), I bought it from a guy at my local range. Since I got it (2 weeks ago), I've put 800 rounds through it (all PMC and Independence 230GR FMJ). I do have a few minor complaints.

1. I have had 2 FTE's, both were after the first fifty rounds (give or take), and the brass would get stuck between the slide and the barrel, leaving the brass quite dented. It was the last round in the magazine both times. with about a week in between the FTE's.

2. Maybe its my big hands, but it seems to me that the ambidextrous safety is a little easy to bump on, which has caused me to be unable to fire a couple of times, not major, but annoying.

3. The ambidextrous safety doesn't seem to work when using the right side lever (for left-handed shooters), it just won't slide all the way down until I use the other side.

I am a Forum User
    wait wait wait
    you want them to warranty a gun that YOU broke by doing something dumb?

MGO Member

I love mine -Hank

MGO Member
    Buddy had a similar problem with customer service at Taurus.

I am a Forum User
    You know Ive been looking for my first 1911 and I was looking at Taurus for awhile, a lot of the reviews Ive seen say they have a few problems, ejector pin, poor customer service, as well as the safety falling off...wtf. Ive been recently looking at the American Classic either the Classic II or Commander...but I havent heard any bad things about them aside from the feed ramp needing polishing...but thats and easy fix. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Beautiful gun though.

I am a Forum User
    almost 4000 rds through mine since March. Only thing I've replaced are the grips, which solved the safety being loose. About 3000 of those were handloads, and I'm not slowing down any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123