Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Congrats on your Taurus 1911.I really like them without the lower rail.Its a clean,classic look.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI-14MAN
    I'm sure youl will straighten it out in the end and be happy with your Taurus.You compared it to your Kimber but that is like apples to oranges.I'm sure the Taurus was less than half the price of the Kimber.
    I do like the front strap checkering, and it was very accurate for the first 8 rounds. I am trying to do a real world test, so the price of the Taurus...out the door was...$648 and the price for the Kimber was 842.98 otd.

I paid with a money order for the Taurus, and a credit card for the Kimber so the net difference if you factor in the credit card difference (+ 3%) was $194.98.

Since I am considering having the front strap checkering done on the Kimber, because I like the way it feels, the difference may be about $150 more. I dunno, the jury is still out on that.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI-14MAN
    Congrats on your Taurus 1911.I really like them without the lower rail.Its a clean,classic look.
    Thanks, I agree. I like the classic look.

I am a Forum User
    Still no extractor as of today.

I am a Forum User
    And the saga continues.....

Well it's been 10 days since I last spoke to Taurus about my new gun, and since I was feeling a bit lonely I decided to give them a call to see if they had shipped out my extractor.

Nope...I was told it is on back order now. The lady asked me for my serial number and then said she was going to check on something. I waited a few minutes and then she got back on the line and asked me for my number so she could check on something and call me back. That was 3 hours ago. If she calls me tonight I will post her reply.

I know...I know..Why don't I just order an extractor from Brownells, install it and move on with life?

I am not sure why. I think at this point I want to see how (or if) this exercise in futility will turn out.

I can tell you this much; If this was my first, or my only 1911, I would be upset.

I am a Forum User
    No call back from that lady, so today I called again and got the guy I talked to the first time (Chris). He remembered me and without any prompting or haggling, said that even though the "Duo-Tone" extractors are on back order, he was going to ship me out one for a Stainless gun so I could shoot it while I waited for the correct one to come in. He said I should have it by next week.....He seems like a very nice guy and it was sure nice to speak with someone that seemed to care. He explained that he originally thought I said "ejector". Well I guess they are pretty close sounding, and I maybe I did accidentally say "ejector".... I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by usmcpaul; 02-08-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Account Closed Forum User
    This thread reminds to check online the status of a Taurus repair , which works if you use their pre-log order online

http://www.taurususa.com/status.cfm

http://www.taurususa.com/prelog.cfm

You might want to add these links to your favorites , because you may need to use them in the future

ETA :
    In my case it says at least the firearm arrived and is awaiting repair. The parts needed were on backorder , so I said come and get it ! Again.
    Last edited by TomE; 02-09-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add

I am a Forum User
    Well I got my extractor today and I installed it. It fit no problem, but seemed a little loose, so I tuned it a little using the write up by Bill Wilson. I am sure it would have worked the way it was, but I figured since I was already there, I may as well give it a go. It is the SS version and I like the way it contrasts the slide. I like the way it looks, even more than the original.

CQT should be open this week ( )so i can run it through it's paces.

One thing I noticed during the down time was that I like the thickness of Taurus grips. They are each about .080 thinner (~.160 total) than the Kimbers and they seem to fit my hand very well.

I am a Forum User
    Well the new Taurus is up and running fine. I have put about 200 rounds through her and she is working very well.

I am getting pretty good accuracy (average 2.9 inch groups at 7 yards)

It really likes the Berrys 200grain swc over 5.0 of Bullseye.

All in all, I would give this gun a 6.5 out of 10.
    Last edited by usmcpaul; 03-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcpaul
    . He explained that he originally thought I said "ejector". Well I guess they are pretty close sounding, and I maybe I did accidentally say "ejector".... I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    You probably did as you repeated it in your original post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast